• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Santa Claus (not the secret santa thread)

Our son always leaves Santa a six pack of nice winter beer.

BTW- I am also a pastor.

Shame on you who feel bad for my kid, that's a low blow. I don't expect everyone to go as far (or to the same place, because it's not that I have the only right path) as I do in integrating my faith and desire to lived in a transformed world into household decisions. But I had hoped for more respect.

Thanks lbe, and I'm going to sign off on this thread and let it go back to the question posed in the OP.

sent from my Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

How exactly is that a low blow?

How exactly is that a low blow?

Insinuating that I'm a bad parent and that there is a reason to feel bad for my kid, whom you know nothing substantive about. It's a personal attack. I really don't care about your opinion, but I don't think such attacks and attitudes are healthy to the community here.

if it's worth anything i don't think your kid knows the difference at her age (she's one, right?)

Shame on you who feel bad for my kid, that's a low blow. I don't expect everyone to go as far (or to the same place, because it's not that I have the only right path) as I do in integrating my faith and desire to live in a transformed world into household decisions. But I had hoped for more respect.

Thanks lbe, and I'm going to sign off on this thread and let it go back to the question posed in the OP.

Ripping on Santa and secular Christmas (on a thread about people's love for Santa and secular Christmas) is disrespectful, but whatevs.

I don't think cookout meant to show any disrespect. It's a bummer when kids don't get to celebrate Christmas. It's way fun.

Insinuating that I'm a bad parent and that there is a reason to feel bad for my kid, whom you know nothing substantive about. It's a personal attack. I really don't care about your opinion, but I don't think such attacks and attitudes are healthy to the community here.

I don't think you should take it that seriously. I doubt anyone really thinks your kids are going to treated poorly.

RevDeac just look through all the HATERS posts and then explain to them why they will burn in hell for all of eternity

That's quite a leap.

Feeling bad because your child is definitely missing out on something most of us found great joy in as children >>> jumping all the way over here >>>>> you're a bad parent/personal attack.

You're taking it a little bit personally.

That's quite a leap.

Feeling bad because your child is definitely missing out on something most of us found great joy in as children >>> jumping all the way over here >>>>> you're a bad parent/personal attack.

You're taking it a little bit personally.

Even Rev grew up with Santa and loved him as a child.

The real sad xmas story here is that rev's kids are playing with wooden toys and books from goodwill while he is upstairs spanking it to choirboy pr0n with the stylus of his new $500 Galaxy Note shoved up his bhole. Tis the season.

Back on track, once I left Santa some milk and cookies, a carrot for Rudolph and a handwritten note on Christmas Eve. The next morning Santa wrote me a note BACK and my mind was :willynilly:

Was definitely not in my parents' handwriting. Plus the carrot had been nibbled on by Rudolph himself.

Then I grew up and realized it was all a sham based on nothing. Oh wait, no, I realized how much my parents loved me to go out of their way to make my childhood so awesome, and I was inspired to bring similar joy to the kids in my life.

I'm interested in seeing the prayer "thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven" come closer to reality more than I am about people being stoked about opening presents and finding joy in materialism. So if that's your criticism of me, then guilty as charged.
I think you make a good point.

We give our kids a few gifts as parents, but we make it the useable variety, clothes, water pick, and maybe one cool toy, but the fun stuff comes from Santa. We go with three gifts for each kid ( wife said her family did this to represent the wisemen) and then the "Big Gift" for the who family to enjoy (Ping Pong Table, or the Wii one year). I still enjoy stuffing the stockings for everyone with small gifts and candy.

Santa gifts are unwrapped. We do the milk and cookie thing, and I always get soot from the fireplace to rub on the kids cheek when I kiss them goodnight so in the morning they look where Santa kissed them as he puts the stocking on their bed.

Pretty bummed about this year, just learned that my youngest learned the deal, so first Christmas with non believers (in Santa). Now pushing the Christmas spirit, and the real meaning of Christmas.

Last edited:
We give our kids a few gifts as parents, but we make it the useable variety, clothes, water pick, and maybe one cool toy, but the fun stuff comes from Santa. We go with three gifts for each kid ( wife said her family did this to represent the wisemen) and then the "Big Gift" for the who family to enjoy (Ping Pong Table, or the Wii one year). I still enjoy stuffing the stockings for everyone with small gifts and candy.

Santa gifts are unwrapped. We do the milk and cookie thing, and I always get soot from the fireplace to rub on the kids cheek when I kiss them goodnight so in the morning they look where Santa kissed them as he puts the stocking on their bed.

Pretty bummed about this year, just learned that my youngest learned the deal, so first Christmas with non believers (in Santa). Now pushing the Christmas spirit, and the real meaning of Christmas.

the stockings go at their beds? never heard of that! do you have a mantel over your fireplace? do they hang there empty until Santa fills them and brings to each child's bed?

I had an uncle that would call all the young children in the family on Christmas eve and pretend to be Santa. He would tell us that he was getting ready to leave the North Pole, but just wanted remind us to go to bed, confirm that we were supposed to be on his "nice list", etc. As I grew older and found out who he was, I really appreciated what he did. He really brought happiness to the kids, while also helping the parents gain control of the situation.

Back