• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarah Westwood: Advice From a Lonely College Republican

"The left proudly shouts "stick it to the rich," which naturally draws the rambunctious college crowd into its fold. But Democrats fail to mention how broadly they define the rich—or that in reality, they want to dip into everyone's wallets, not just Bill Gates's."

I wish that college freshman had expounded upon that point, because it's not real convincing.

That came off like it was written by a spoiled little rich girl who mainly hangs out with other spoiled little rich kids. She basically thinks fellow young people are sheep who only care about social issues.

She says the party needs better makeup and lighting like the ideals are great and they just need prettying up. Later on, she wants to divorce the religious right. That's a much bigger change than makeup and lighting. Values voters make up a larger part of the GOP than I think she realizes.

That came off like it was written by a spoiled little rich girl who mainly hangs out with other spoiled little rich kids. She basically thinks fellow young people are sheep who only care about social issues.

I know you are around young people too like I am all the time cause I'm in law school but most young folks that I'm around a lot are selfish sheeple who only care about social issues that will never really affect their lives.

I know you are around young people too like I am all the time cause I'm in law school but most young folks that I'm around a lot are selfish sheeple who only care about social issues that will never really affect their lives.

Well easy, affordable access to contraceptives wouldn't have much relevance in your life.

I'm not sure you know what "selfish" means.

And WFFaithful, she's calling for more than makeup. She's calling for the model to have a heart transplant.

Oh and Go, as to your larger point, if I was a law prof, I might agree with you.

Well easy, affordable access to contraceptives wouldn't have much relevance in your life.

Contraceptives are already easy and affordable no?

No one is against that, people were just against the fact that some chick at frickin GEORGETOWN LAW wanted FREE b.c.

I for one think BC should be free, plentiful and in school milk/water.

No one is against that, people were just against the fact that some chick at frickin GEORGETOWN LAW wanted FREE b.c.

It's a social issue Republicans opposed......

I corrected that typo. I would've done it as soon as I posted, but the hospice chaplain came to visit my 93-year old mother-in-law who lives with us just as I was posting, and I didn't get to read the post after posting like I usually do. Sorry about that.

no problem bob, just having fun.

It's a social issue Republicans opposed......

No its a manufactured issue that R's got painted as opposing, but lets not talk about shit that went down in Jan 2012, good lord.

BC is CHEAP, man. It is just about the method - don't even need a pill. That's why I just legitimately rape all my bitches. I get off and no litter of puppies. BOOM. DONE.

Where do you go to school?

As PH pointed out your post also makes no sense. Young people are selfish....by caring about other people. Interesting take.

Republican party needs (1) divorce the religious right (2) stop courting racists (3) frame their policies in terms of pragmatism v. idealism where America needs pragmatic and serious economic leadership (and actually deliver it) and (4) frame the debate as equality of opportunity versus equality of outcome, not mindless bashing of half the population.

Back