• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Sucker bet

Total sucker bet. Never easy to finish top 2/3 in a PGA tour event, but come on. I will commend Tiger on putting together four good rounds, but 70 isn't good enough on Sunday. And he's making obvious attempts to keep the ball in play rather than use the longest club possible off the tee. That definitely effected the distances of his possible birdie putts yesterday.

Yeah, I'd prop bet at least 10 guys over him right now, if given the chance. Probably closer to 20.

I will add that Tiger only had 7 bogeys over four rounds (no double or triple bogeys) and four of those bogeys were on Thursday. That's the kind of play that can keep him in contention at Augusta, but he's going to have to drive farther and putt better.

Agreed. Gimme Casey at 50 points over Tiger at 10. Seems like every year in the major events, there are those mid level guys who you knew would make the top-25, and the last couple of years I've ridden Casey and RCB. A few years back it was Louis for 2-3 years running.

This year's Masters could be amazing. Koepka is injured, but if you look at the top 20+ players, it seems like everyone not named Spieth or Matsuyama has shown signs of good recent form. Then you add Tiger, Mickelson and Bubba to that mix, and it should be exciting.

I will add that Tiger only had 7 bogeys over four rounds (no double or triple bogeys) and four of those bogeys were on Thursday. That's the kind of play that can keep him in contention at Augusta, but he's going to have to drive farther and putt better.

Augusta is a lot more forgiving off the tee than Innisbrook. I think he is a good bet for Carnoustie where he can get away with hitting that low 2 iron all over the place.

Good for Pauley, been knocking on the door so many times the last few years. So that's two weeks in a row with an ASU grad in his 40's winning. Will Tiger make it 3 in a row next week for the "old man" set? Add in Bubba and that's 3 forty-somethings in the last 4 weeks and ASU has 3 wins this season with Rahm winning in Palm Springs. Would be pretty cool to see Phil, Rahm, JT, Tiger, DJ, Rose and Spieth dooking it out on Sunday of the Masters eh?

Paul Casey just turned 40 last year and Bubba not quite there yet.

2017 final round ratings

Masters: 7.6
U.S. Open: 3.6
Open: 3.2
PGA: 3.6

2018 Valspar: 5.1

Golf would probably get better ratings with like 6 man fields. Woods Mickelson Spieth Day Rory and the dude married to Paulina Gretsky.

Who wants to tune in and see Paul Casey win?

More people than want to watch most major tournaments, apparently

It would be interesting to see golf put together some sort of team format during the season. I wouldn’t do USA vs xxx, in respect to the Ryder Cup, but an interesting thought.

Yeah, but everyone left disappointed. My way, someone's happy every week. Maybe add Jack Nicklaus and the US amateur champ. Two foursomes.

I agree with adding Jack and wasn’t it fun watching the father son this year where they let the dads play from the front tees for the first time. As long as they do that and Jack’s in the mix it would make for great tv.

Just like stugotz fixed baseball. Last inning , if you're down you get to put in your best 3 guys

Back