• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

yeah it was all the interviewee could do to keep a straight face guess he figured one of the best evers could have done something to prevent him from being between clubs all day (18 times out of 18 or whatever it was). tiger doesn't come across as a comedian or someone who kids around too much so maybe he believes it, hard to tell.

meant to say:

yeah it was all the interviewer could do to keep a straight face ...

one of the best ever and he said he didn't win today because he was between clubs all day. such bad luck that this would happen 18 times or however many it happened and that the wind or whatever it was causing this was such that he couldn't make any adjustments off the tee to prevent him from being in between clubs. of all the times to have such bad luck too bad for him because all of us were hoping for him today.

You probably shouldn’t post on this thread anymore.

I am SO psyched! I’m going to go out on a limb and pick Justin Rose right now. I think he’s ready to win there. But there are so many players who can win that tournament. Maybe the most in a single field ever.

He’ll for sure be in the mix just as he is every year. Solid pick.

You probably shouldn’t post on this thread anymore.

Sorry to embarrass you by bringing interesting insights to this board that you wish you were capable of bringing so feel free to go away quietly.

Fact is that tiger said it and everyone agrees too bad he had such bad luck of being in between clubs all day. If you are not interested In what Tiger said cost him then stay away from the golf channel and this thread

Yone of the best ever and he said he didn't win today because he was between clubs all day. such bad luck that this would happen 18 times or however many it happened and that the wind or whatever it was causing this was such that he couldn't make any adjustments off the tee to prevent him from being in between clubs. of all the times to have such bad luck too bad for him because all of us were hoping for him today.

Should not happen at Augusta. He knows that course so well.

I’m not sure you even know what “between clubs” means

Doesn’t matter that you don’t know what it is and you don’t know what a handicap is either you can look it up for yourself or maybe tiger will elaborate further for you but fact is tiger said it cost him the tournament and just a real shame because all the talking heads on the gold channel and sports talk shows and all the predictions and all the speculation and between clubs problem is so unforeseen and unusual that no one predicted this would be the reason he wouldn’t win on Sunday.

Guys had plenty of reasons he would or wouldn’t win but nobody had it right that he would hit it great but be between clubs on all 18 holes or whatever and have no way of doing anything to compensate.

He knows Augusta so well that surely nobody predicts that gets him there.

Everyone loves Sergio and he shot 65 so must have had the right numbers all day so we can be happy for him but just too bad for tiger all that anticipation of a potential win

He actually dropped this dumbass schtick for a while last year. I don't know what in the world possessed him into thinking that it was a good idea to bring it back.

Last edited:
yeah it was all the interviewee could do to keep a straight face guess he figured one of the best evers could have done something to prevent him from being between clubs all day (18 times out of 18 or whatever it was). tiger doesn't come across as a comedian or someone who kids around too much so maybe he believes it, hard to tell.

Actually this "troll" is kinda spot on w/r/t El Tigre...nothing is ever really his fault when he loses. I figured he'd be lamenting not being able to get the speed of the greens right all day. To me that would make a little more sense. Plus, no one forced you to lay up on many of the par 4s, giving up 20-35 yards on some holes and having to shape longer irons into the greens.

Twill be interesting to see if he'll be able to just let it go with the driver at Bay Hill where mentally he should feel the most comfortable. He knows all the lines off the tee, but will he be able to avoid the two-way miss all week? If so, he can certainly win.

Unless he just happens to end up between clubs all weekend long. ;-)

Actually this "troll" is kinda spot on w/r/t El Tigre...nothing is ever really his fault when he loses. I figured he'd be lamenting not being able to get the speed of the greens right all day. To me that would make a little more sense. Plus, no one forced you to lay up on many of the par 4s, giving up 20-35 yards on some holes and having to shape longer irons into the greens.

Twill be interesting to see if he'll be able to just let it go with the driver at Bay Hill where mentally he should feel the most comfortable. He knows all the lines off the tee, but will he be able to avoid the two-way miss all week? If so, he can certainly win.

Unless he just happens to end up between clubs all weekend long. ;-)

for those who care, here are some of his actual comments:

"I was close,'' Woods said after a final-round 70 left him in a tie for second, his best finish since he tied for 10th at the 2015 Wyndham Championship. "I had a chance today. Unfortunately I just didn't quite feel as sharp as I needed to with my irons, played a little conservative because of it.

"I just needed to handle the par-5s a little better. Missed a short one there on 4 for par. Should have two-putted 14. I know that was a long putt but I was trying to leave it below the hole. I over did it. I missed it.''

Back