• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I would think having the ability to play it on the same set up the pros did would be a selling point too. I agree with you though that it seems like a bad deal to me.

The problem is that doesn’t happen I played Atlanta Athletic Club the last day it was open for member play prior to the 2001 PGA Championship won by David Toms. That was six weeks prior to the event. The speed of the greens and the rough were different than during member play, but nothing like they were six weeks later. Then after the tournament the course is still closed for tear down and clean up.

Also, AAC has two courses, parts of their second course were runined because it became a parking lot, TV compound, place for vendor storage, etc. And of course, you never know what opening your gates to the public will do.

My club is nowhere near that strata, but I would definitely vote against.

I don't remember the Players but he "chipped" in from the fringe or just off.

Meanwhile, Smylie Kaufman with another DFL +9 round and WD. That's now 15 MCs in a row and 19-20. For a kid with so much promise - he shot 61 to win the Shriners and was leading at Augusta - it's a pretty sad fall. That Natty Light sponsorship isn't working out well for him, I guess.

Webb finished with a 61 today. -9.
Had a 30 (-6) on the back nine.
Would be. Ice if he can hang on and dominate like he did at the Players.

The more interesting golf to watch this weekend is at Ballyliffin. Not as scenic as Port Stewart was last year but still looks like a cool course. Some of the big names are struggling, like Rory, Rahm and RCB. But Willett is 1 off the lead, which lead to his best finish since he won at Augusta. Dude has been both injured and in the wilderness for the last 2 years.

Webb with a smooth 76 to take himself out of contention. Not sure what happened today but ouch!

Back