• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Rickies got a lot of hugs after majors on that final green. No trophies though.

Bill Haas is playing in the same group as Tiger for his (Quicken Loans National) tourney in DC starting tomorrow. Tiger must like Billy (Billy needs to start posting some strong finishes as he is currently 134 in the Fed Cup standings).

Was watching a little of the French this a.m. Strong layout and tough course - looks a bit like the last 2 US Open set-ups - no trees, just fairway, rough and hay. Surprised that Thomas was the only American there given that it's 1 of the bigger events on the Euro tour, and the RC is being played on that course in 3 months.

This is the beginning of that 4 week stretch where the Euro tour is way better than the PGA tour. The Scottish is at Cruden Bay, and the Irish is at Lahinch. Haven't seen either before, but the Lahinch pictures are gorgeous.

Was watching a little of the French this a.m. Strong layout and tough course - looks a bit like the last 2 US Open set-ups - no trees, just fairway, rough and hay. Surprised that Thomas was the only American there given that it's 1 of the bigger events on the Euro tour, and the RC is being played on that course in 3 months.

This is the beginning of that 4 week stretch where the Euro tour is way better than the PGA tour. The Scottish is at Cruden Bay, and the Irish is at Lahinch. Haven't seen either before, but the Lahinch pictures are gorgeous.

I think you're a year ahead of yourself. Irish Open is at Ballyliffin and Scottish is at Gullane this year.

I think you're a year ahead of yourself. Irish Open is at Ballyliffin and Scottish is at Gullane this year.

My bad. I remember Gullane from a few years ago - not quite as scenic as some others. Don't think I've seen Ballyliffin.

My bad. I remember Gullane from a few years ago - not quite as scenic as some others. Don't think I've seen Ballyliffin.

Gullane is my least favorite of the championship courses i've played in Scotland. Cruden Bay is awesome, excited to watch that next year.

Last edited:
This may well be the last year for the DC tour stop. Quicken Loans, current sponsor of Tiger's tournament wants to have the one they sponsor in their home base, Detroit. Yep. Washington is losing its PGA tournament to Detroit.

ETA link:

http://https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/golf/for-tiger-woodss-event-in-dc-this-is-it-and-thats-a-shame/2018/06/27/ec41779e-7a39-11e8-80be-6d32e182a3bc_story.html?utm_term=.613d4e53aa9f

If they lose it to Oakland Hills, it would make sense. Otherwise, blah.

Not an Avenel fan, although the redo has improved the course. The Quicken is much better when it's at Congressional. Agree that Oakland Hills would be a good replacement for Avenel.

Sounds like the tourney in Detroit will be at Detroit Golf Club - old Donald Ross course(s).

Congressional hates hosting the Quicken. Members up in arms against it plus it hurts their chances of hosting another US Open.

Back