• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Tiger, Phil, and DeChambeau

Final pick is Monday

Euros went with Casey, Sergio, Stenson and Poulter. Stenson and Garcia seem like pretty risky picks. We will see. On paper, USA should roll. But we have seen how that turns out in the past.

I take Stenson if he's healthy in a heartbeat, and I'm assuming Stenson has given some indication to Bjorn that he will be 100%. But it was a big mistake taking Sergio. Sergio, like Phil is to us, is Euro royalty, so I get that. But he's sucked all year. I would have taken either Pieters or RCB over Sergio. Pieters is long and a bit wild, which isn't necessarily a great fit for the Paris course, but he is playing well this summer and was a stud for them last time around. I would have chosen RCB because he's been 1 of their most consistent performers over the last 3 years, is currently in good form and his game fits that course. The Euros lost last time because they stuck with too many under performing vets, and Bjorn is making a similar mistake this time. But we're probably doing the same thing with Phil over Kisner.

I take Stenson if he's healthy in a heartbeat, and I'm assuming Stenson has given some indication to Bjorn that he will be 100%. But it was a big mistake taking Sergio. Sergio, like Phil is to us, is Euro royalty, so I get that. But he's sucked all year. I would have taken either Pieters or RCB over Sergio. Pieters is long and a bit wild, which isn't necessarily a great fit for the Paris course, but he is playing well this summer and was a stud for them last time around. I would have chosen RCB because he's been 1 of their most consistent performers over the last 3 years, is currently in good form and his game fits that course. The Euros lost last time because they stuck with too many under performing vets, and Bjorn is making a similar mistake this time. But we're probably doing the same thing with Phil over Kisner.

That's a good analogy. Sergio is their "Phil" pick.

To be fair, Phil is 30 spots ahead of Kisner in the FedEx standings but has played 2 fewer events. Phil has a 2018 win, Kisner doesn't. Phil has 6 top 10's, Kisner has 4. And Phil's $1.5M ahead in prize money.

Sergio didn't hit the $1M mark this year and has missed the cut in 8 of his last 11 events. Equating Phil and Sergio isn't exactly fair.

Still think Kisner is the better pick, but yes, Phil was playing great in the spring - less so this summer. Sergio has been sucking hairy moose cock all year. Seems like he checked out after winning at Augusta and getting married - nttawwt. Which was all the more reason to go with his countryman RBC. RBC and Rahm make the better armada at this time.

A/S, I don't think the location makes a difference. My recollection, which can certainly be wrong, is that they play alternate shot in the a.m. and best ball in the p.m. on Fri & Sat.

Still think Kisner is the better pick, but yes, Phil was playing great in the spring - less so this summer. Sergio has been sucking hairy moose cock all year. Seems like he checked out after winning at Augusta and getting married - nttawwt. Which was all the more reason to go with his countryman RBC. RBC and Rahm make the better armada at this time.

A/S, I don't think the location makes a difference. My recollection, which can certainly be wrong, is that they play alternate shot in the a.m. and best ball in the p.m. on Fri & Sat.

The "home team" gets to choose which format they do in the a.m. and p.m.

To be fair, Phil is 30 spots ahead of Kisner in the FedEx standings but has played 2 fewer events. Phil has a 2018 win, Kisner doesn't. Phil has 6 top 10's, Kisner has 4. And Phil's $1.5M ahead in prize money.

Sergio didn't hit the $1M mark this year and has missed the cut in 8 of his last 11 events. Equating Phil and Sergio isn't exactly fair.

DC, thanks for posting this. Reading cville's posts you'd think picking Phil was the equivalent of selecting Smylie Kaufman to the team.

Gotta be pretty crazy not to take Finau. Sucks for Kisner but he just didn't play well enough, often enough.

Euros went with Casey, Sergio, Stenson and Poulter. Stenson and Garcia seem like pretty risky picks. We will see. On paper, USA should roll. But we have seen how that turns out in the past.

Americans should be really pumped they went with Sergio and any combination of Stenson/Casey over RCB and Pieters. As someone who will be there for the Friday matches, hate they won't be involved :rulz:

LOL at Phil even being close to what Sergio has been this year. Thanks to DC for posting the actual facts.

I think the only thing that prevents Finau from being picked is a Kisner win, or maybe a Snedeker win this week.

Finau deserves it for a season of excellent performance, but either of those scenarios at least make it interesting.

LOL at Phil even being close to what Sergio has been this year. Thanks to DC for posting the actual facts.

I said Phil was playing great in the spring but less so this summer, whereas Sergio has sucked all year. How is that not accurate? I still say I'd rather have Kisner than Phil given the course they're playing. But picking Phil is nowhere near as bad as Bjorn taking Sergio. RCB would be a much bigger asset to their team.

If tiger breaks 60, I am legit gonna hands free jack it all over my house. Vibes.

Back