• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

It will really be a big mistake if the Captain's picks aren't Tiger, Phil, Bryson and Finau. I love Kuchar, but he's not in form. Teams of Speith/Reed, Tiger/Bryson, JT/Folwer, DJ/Koepka, Phil/Finau. Webb/Bubba. This really isn't that hard.

It will really be a big mistake if the Captain's picks aren't Tiger, Phil, Bryson and Finau. I love Kuchar, but he's not in form. Teams of Speith/Reed, Tiger/Bryson, JT/Folwer, DJ/Koepka, Phil/Finau. Webb/Bubba. This really isn't that hard.

I'd still take Kisner over Phil. Kisner is in better form than Phil is this summer, and he hits it straighter off the tee, which is crucial for that Paris course. And we need another guy who we can stick out there in 4somes.

Bjorn has some decisions to make too. There is some clamor for Wallace, who has had a couple of recent wins. And the golf media seems to think that you have to have Sergio on the team. Trouble is Sergio has played like shite all year. If Stenson is healthy, I think you take him. And Poulter with the year he has had - and for his prior performances. And I'd take RCB and Casey with the other 2 picks. And that leaves Fitzpatrick out as well.

I'd still take Kisner over Phil. Kisner is in better form than Phil is this summer, and he hits it straighter off the tee, which is crucial for that Paris course. And we need another guy who we can stick out there in 4somes.

Bjorn has some decisions to make too. There is some clamor for Wallace, who has had a couple of recent wins. And the golf media seems to think that you have to have Sergio on the team. Trouble is Sergio has played like shite all year. If Stenson is healthy, I think you take him. And Poulter with the year he has had - and for his prior performances. And I'd take RCB and Casey with the other 2 picks. And that leaves Fitzpatrick out as well.

Yeah, but Phil v. Kisner is simply an intellectual argument. Phil is on the 6 man USA Ryder Cup committee. He will be on the team, no doubt. Kuchar's spot should be up for grabs.

If Wallace doesn't make it with 3 euro tour wins this year, then all the bs that tour has done to emphasize the importance of playing their own tour vs us based events is horseshit. They almost have to take him to maintain the illusion.

If Wallace doesn't make it with 3 euro tour wins this year, then all the bs that tour has done to emphasize the importance of playing their own tour vs us based events is horseshit. They almost have to take him to maintain the illusion.

Who does he make it over, RCB or Casey? If you're an American on Sunday and you draw Wallace, you're licking your chops. Wallace does have the Ws, albeit in not so yuge Euro events. But he also has a lot of MCs and hasn't performed well in big events. Ain't no way I take him over Stenson, Poulter, RCB and Casey (especially with RCB and Casey having good weeks in Boston and having had good years on a better tour). Add to that the only reason there was a playoff yesterday was because Westwood left every putt 4' short and missed about 4 putts inside of 10' on the back 9. They already take the top 4 on the Euro tour and then the next 4 based on world ranking. They should fill out their team with the best players.

Damo, I hear you that the Phil/Kisner thing is an intellectual argument. And it's not based on who is having the better summer and who would be a better addition to the team. The reason it's an intellectual argument is because Phil is American royalty and has been on umpteen straight RC teams and the golf media and most American golf fans can't fathom a RC team without Phil. That shouldn't be the reason he makes it, but it is.

He is not my favorite player; but in team competition we need a confident player who plays with a bit of attitude (can't believe I am saying that). Just look at what Poulter has meant to the Europeans.

Good point, but as big as the US Am is I think the team pressure, level of opponents and world stage of the Ryder is totally different.

And he went 2-0-1 in the Walker Cup. And he just won 2 playoff events knowing the Ryder Cup was on the line. Not sure what else he needs to prove.

He also brings the whole prick attitude a la Reed. Those guys tend to turn it up in the Ryder Cup. Looking forward to seeing him be our SOB.

The DeChambeau/Tiger pairing for the Ryder Cup has serious potential.

I think I'd go with the stroke idea over the current nonsense. Having thousands of points, then point resets, neverending scenarios of points based on a million different outcomes... Then you land in a "if this guy wins, only a few other people could beat him on points" scenario... Just ends up being a watered-down tournament and an overly complicated math problem to award $10 million. Was it two years ago that they screwed up the point totals during the final round and had the wrong scenarios up for a while?

Distributing stroke advantages through the field screws with tradition but it'd work. I'd rather they have a cut, or even 2 cuts and the final day is just 10 players. Actually what'd really be fun would be to cut it to 12 on the final day and play as 4 threesomes, with everyone mic'd up including caddies - make it a different experience for the fans to put even more focus on the players instead of some inane scoring system.

Echoing (maybe) your stroke idea, take all 30 players who qualify for the Tour Championship and they start Thursday on the 1st tee with their score being their cumulative score vs. par in the first 3 events. For example, if Tiger was a combined -7 for the first 3 events and shoots even on Thursday;'s round, he enters the 2nd round still at -7. This way, you're guaranteed that there will be only one winner on Sunday of both the (now) 16 round TPC tournament who in turn also wins the Fed Ex.

Back