• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

How would you enforce a “within twenty yards of a green” rule? Just eliminate the green mapping pages from the yardage books.

Either just eliminate them as the others have said, or penalize players who are consulting them on or around the greens.

I'd like to see players put on the clock automatically if they are a hole behind the group in front. Might not be feasible, but I'd like to see it.

I'd like to see players put on the clock automatically if they are a hole behind the group in front. Might not be feasible, but I'd like to see it.

I agree, except when a member of the group must call for a ruling...they can take forever it seems.

Justin Thomas drove a 415 yard par 4 today. Rory knocked a 2 iron tight from 307. The ball goes pretty far in Mexico City.

And Ricky with an illegal drop using the old shoulder level method giving another 1 shot penalty

That backstopping on the LPGA was outright cheating. They even fist pumped afterwards. Embarrassing, they need to be DQ'd immediately.

I see both sides to the backstopping issue. For this particular one, I don't know how you can say it's cheating. They both had similar shots from 25 yards out. The amount of time it would take for the first chick to walk to her ball and mark it/tap it in and get out of the way would delay the second chick at least a minute or so before her strike. You could argue that's a disadvantage for the second shot taker. Isn't golf trying to speed up play rather than slowing it down? Don't get me wrong, I realize these are incredible athletes, but it's hard for me to believe that they're so unbelievable that they can hit a square inch target from over 20 yards on command. She brought that ball in low and hot, so essentially it was either smack that tiny target from the rough or have a 20+ foot putt remaining. That just sounds like a ridiculous risk to me. So for this particular situation I don't see it as cheating. Now an 8 yard bump and run straight up the hill from the fringe, or something similar is a very different story.

Last edited:
I see both sides to the backstopping issue. For this particular one, I don't know how you can say it's cheating. They both had similar shots from 25 yards out. The amount of time it would take for the first chick to walk to her ball and mark it/tap it in and get out of the way would delay the second chick at least a minute or so before her strike. You could argue that's a disadvantage for the second shot taker. Isn't golf trying to speed up play rather than slowing it down? Don't get me wrong, I realize these are incredible athletes, but it's hard for me to believe that they're so unbelievable that they can hit a square inch target from over 20 yards on command. She brought that ball in low and hot, so essentially it was either smack that tiny target from the rough or have a 20+ foot putt remaining. That just sounds like a ridiculous risk to me. So for this particular situation I don't see it as cheating. Now an 8 yard bump and run straight up the hill from the fringe, or something similar is a very different story.

Of course she didn't aim at or hit that 2nd ball on purpose with her chip, but by leaving it up there, her opponent gave her twice as many things as normal to slow it down (rather than just the flag stick alone). You think she would have left it up and not marked it if it was Sunday and they were both tied for the lead? No freakin' way. If you are going to leave the 1st ball up there, don't fist bump afterwards when you just happen to hit the ball...shrug your shoulders (like she did) and move on.

Rory’s punch 3 wood from the rough to 15 feet was one of the best shots I’ve seen in a long time. Absurd.

Rory’s punch 3 wood from the rough to 15 feet was one of the best shots I’ve seen in a long time. Absurd.

Agree.
Over 200 yds, under some branches, never over 10-12 ft off the ground, got to the green and then curled left towards the hole. Reminded me of a right handed Bubba shot when he won the Masters.

Tiger's sliced iron out of that fairway bunker was amazing as well. He really hit it well and would have contended but for a bunch of 3 putts with a 4 putt thrown in. Rory also had his 2nd consecutive impressive Sunday after struggling nearly every Sunday he has been in contention in the last year. Both of those things having been said, DJ can just lap fields when he's on his game.

Tiger's sliced iron out of that fairway bunker was amazing as well. He really hit it well and would have contended but for a bunch of 3 putts with a 4 putt thrown in. Rory also had his 2nd consecutive impressive Sunday after struggling nearly every Sunday he has been in contention in the last year. Both of those things having been said, DJ can just lap fields when he's on his game.

Rory was 4 back heading into Sunday, DJ shot even par on the front nine, and the best Rory could do was 1-over on those same holes? Sure, he made a lot of birdies late to post a good score, but he had a chance to apply some pressure early on and didn't get it done.

Rory was 4 back heading into Sunday, DJ shot even par on the front nine, and the best Rory could do was 1-over on those same holes? Sure, he made a lot of birdies late to post a good score, but he had a chance to apply some pressure early on and didn't get it done.

Yeah agreed, the narrative that Rory had a good Sunday is false. He looked lost on the front nine. A late flurry made it seem much closer than it was.

He took some chances that backfired on the front 9 and was driving it into some bad spots. But he really turned it on on the back 9. The last 2 Sundays have been a drastic improvement on what he's been doing on Sundays for most of the last year. He was never close to DJ, but no one else was either. He at least looks like he can win again.

When DJ is on with the flat stick he is as close to unbeatable as anyone on the Tour. He ends up with so many wedges in his hand and gets more good looks than most players. When he rolls them it, it’s lights out.

Back