• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

It is a cool event. But the course doesn't do a whole lot for me. Neither does this Moroccan course this weekend - the 1 they used to play with the palace walls was more interesting. Of the courses this weekend, I kinda like Wilshire, which the women are now playing for the 2nd time.

It's really early, but Bill Haas is putting together a nice 1st round (currently tied for the lead at -4) at the Wells Fargo. Haas has had a very tough run since the tragic auto accident last year, and would be great to see him put together a solid run over 4 days.

It's really early, but Bill Haas is putting together a nice 1st round (currently tied for the lead at -4) at the Wells Fargo. Haas has had a very tough run since the tragic auto accident last year, and would be great to see him put together a solid run over 4 days.

After a great start, he had a rough last 10 holes. Finished at -2 and tied for 17.
Leaders at -5.

Was +1 yesterday but still made the cut at -1. Watched some of yesterday's action this a.m. Never been there but that really is 1 of the better layouts they play on the tour. 14 is 1 of the better short par 4s on the tour, and the closing holes are great. Speaking of good layouts, also caught some of the LPGA last night at Lake Merced - that's 1 of their best stops.

Tony Romo -2 through 7 at the Byron Nelson. Still expect him to shoot 2 rounds closer to 80 than 70, but still pretty impressive.

Believe the over/under for Romo's first round was 77. This is Romo's home course, but IIRC, the last time he played in a PGA event he shot around 80.

Believe the over/under for Romo's first round was 77. This is Romo's home course, but IIRC, the last time he played in a PGA event he shot around 80.

Romo went +5 on the back 9 for a 76.

Romo went +5 on the back 9 for a 76.

Really that is still pretty good for a retired NFL QB. Yeah that’s his home course, but it’s setup for a PGA tournament and the conditions seemed to be a good bit worse this afternoon than this morning.

Really that is still pretty good for a retired NFL QB. Yeah that’s his home course, but it’s setup for a PGA tournament and the conditions seemed to be a good bit worse this afternoon than this morning.

Remember John Brodie? Retired QB from the 49ers. He played pretty well on the senior tour for years.

Romo finished 76-74 +8. He is currently 148. Won't make the cut, but Romo beat at least 4 tour players. Not too shabby.

I was turning back and forth between the Memorial and the USWO. Not a Cantlay fan, but he is 1 of the better young guys out there. I liked the Charleston course, and it was a good test. And the day started with a bunch of players between -2 and -7. The problem was everybody else in the last 5-6 groups sucked other than Lee6 and were over par. Azinger kept droning on about it being the pressure of the Open, but that's a bunch of crap because all majors have pressure. Yesterday was just 9-10 other leaders just collectively sucking and playing substandard golf. And at some point I'm just going to completely give up rooting for Lexi because her wedges and short game are woeful. The only good news was Fassi had a solid showing at -1, and Pillar (who is just coming back after taking a year off to have a kid) had a good week. I'm really rooting for Kupcho (who at least made the cut) and Fassi to make some noise on the tour.

Back