• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

This is now officially beyond absurd.

I think Rory has more upside than anybody out there right now if he’s clicking. When he’s making putts and has his wedges dialed in, it’s hard to think anybody can beat him.

I think Rory has more upside than anybody out there right now if he’s clicking. When he’s making putts and has his wedges dialed in, it’s hard to think anybody can beat him.

There are only a few guys out there who can lap fields, and Rory is 1. His A game is as good as anyone's. Hell, if he were a better bunker player, he would have carded a 59. The trouble with Rory is he's good and bad streaky with his putter, and he's not consistently good with his wedges, chips and bunker shots. And that's why Koepka and DJ are still better overall golfers than Rory. Rory's weaknesses are the same as Lexi's, who also won yesterday. I was turning back and forth, and on 18, a downwind 507 yard par 5, she was tied and hit driver, wedge from deep rough to 15' and made eagle. Someone who can do that should be able to win more than once or twice a year.

It also had a good field with some good names in the mix on the last day. It's not like Hamilton was the Quad Cities. And it's not like Rory hasn't won big tourneys. The US, the Open and the PGAx2 are 4 rather large Ws.

Pairings and tee times have been released: https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/06/06/tee-times-2019-us-open-thursday-friday-round-1-2-pebble-beach.html

Tiger is playing with Spieth and Rose.

Other featured groupings: Mickelson, DJ and Graeme McDowell (he won the US Open the last time it was played at Pebble); Rory, Rahm and Lieshman; Koepka (reigning US Open Champ), Molinari (reigning British Open Champ), Victor Hovland (reigning US Am Champ - played at Pebble); Webb, Adam Scott and Kuchar.

FWIW, Cameron Young has not declared pro yet; he is playing with Swedish golfer Marcus Kinhult and PGA golfer Brian Stuard.

Pairings and tee times have been released: https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/06/06/tee-times-2019-us-open-thursday-friday-round-1-2-pebble-beach.html

Tiger is playing with Spieth and Rose.

Other featured groupings: Mickelson, DJ and Graeme McDowell (he won the US Open the last time it was played at Pebble); Rory, Rahm and Lieshman; Koepka (reigning US Open Champ), Molinari (reigning British Open Champ), Victor Hovland (reigning US Am Champ - played at Pebble); Webb, Adam Scott and Kuchar.

FWIW, Cameron Young has not declared pro yet; he is playing with Swedish golfer Marcus Kinhult and PGA golfer Brian Stuard.

What is the upside here? Does low am make the Masters? Will miss out on a lot of dough if he makes the cut.

Yeah the only reason I give Phil a chance is because of the success he's had at Pebble Beach.

From the little I've heard, it sounds like the fairways will be fairly narrow and the rough punitive - sounds much like the Paris course set-up where they played the RC. And Pebble is short anyway - think it plays to like 6900 as a par 72. So it'll bring the short hitters into contention but will penalize those who spray it off the tee. Guys like Phil and Bubba are big time sprayers. If Webb is going to win another major, this will be 1 of his best chances. Guys like Webb, Kuchar, Furyk and Poulter could all have good weeks. Another good long shot could be Lowry, who is rounding back into form.

Not really sure why Young has waited to turn pro, unless he is planning on competing in the US Am, which would be unusual for a graduating college senior. Agree that Young is giving up the chance for nice little payday. The purse is $12.5 million, which is the richest in golf. Last year, making the cut was worth $23K and finishing in the top 25 was worth $80K.

Not really sure why Young has waited to turn pro, unless he is planning on competing in the US Am, which would be unusual for a graduating college senior. Agree that Young is giving up the chance for nice little payday. The purse is $12.5 million, which is the richest in golf. Last year, making the cut was worth $23K and finishing in the top 25 was worth $80K.

I assume it is because he qualified as an amateur - he wouldn't get in the field as a pro.

Back