• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Oh my! I just screamed again. What a putt by Rahm. This is great.

Also really enjoyed Hicks and Azinger in the booth for a change — just really tired of Faldo and the others on CBS.

Also really enjoyed Hicks and Azinger in the booth for a change — just really tired of Faldo and the others on CBS.

Glad CBS canned DL3. Immelmans are horrible too.
Great Sunday. Better than Morikawa/Thomas at Muirfield.

Thinking about the heroics on the 18th hole again. These are 2 guys that were hitting 350 yd drives and then they finish it up with incredible putts. If this was a movie, you wouldn’t believe the ending.

The end today was insane...just when you think you couldn't top DJ's incredible putt, Rahm comes out of the Clubhouse and says Hold My Beer.

That's how you win a tournament.

All NBC would'be had to do is play Gary Koch's "Better than most" call for DJ's tying and Rahm's winning putts. Incredible!

Baltimore Country Club. Tillinghast course in suburbs. It’s a great course. The club has hosted a US Open, Walker Cup, PGA, Women’s US Open and hosted the Big Ten tourney for a couple of years.

Worked in the bag room there when I was in HS and college - grew up a mile from there. Minimum wage but got to play for free. Worth it.

Really enjoyed Olympia Fields for a great weekend of golf. Amazing ending. Didn't really care whether it was Rahm, DJ or Nieman.

We were talking about Kaymer a few pages back. Watched the back 9 at the Belfry. He had 2 shortish and not too difficult chips on the back that he ran 8' by (grass looked too scruffy to Texas wedge it). Hit 1 putt, missed the other and missed being in the playoff by a shot. Hasn't won in 6 years. And another young gun to watch is the 19 year old Hojgaard who won it.

It's early, but Webb is struggling early at the Tour Championship. He started in 4th place, and after bogeying 4 of his first 5 holes, he had dropped to 18th place in the 30 person-field. Lots of experts felt like East Lake suited Webb's game, but not so far as he's already 9 shots back.

I know I'm a Euro shill, but they are at Valderrama this week. I was watching this a.m. and -2 was leading. It's not the greatest field, but if you want to watch a golf tourney where par is a good score on a beautiful RTJ layout where the fairways wind their way through the cork orchards, it's a great watch. Definitely my favorite inland Euro course. And East Lake is great too - got to walk it a couple days a few years ago.

It's early, but Webb is struggling early at the Tour Championship. He started in 4th place, and after bogeying 4 of his first 5 holes, he had dropped to 18th place in the 30 person-field. Lots of experts felt like East Lake suited Webb's game, but not so far as he's already 9 shots back.

Four over through five but plays the next 13 in four under to get back into the top 10

I know I'm a Euro shill, but they are at Valderrama this week. I was watching this a.m. and -2 was leading. It's not the greatest field, but if you want to watch a golf tourney where par is a good score on a beautiful RTJ layout where the fairways wind their way through the cork orchards, it's a great watch. Definitely my favorite inland Euro course. And East Lake is great too - got to walk it a couple days a few years ago.

John Catlin from the US is leading and the only player under par. Never heard of him.

What terrible starts for Webb. In the past 2 days, he is +6 for the first 5 holes. If he was just even, he’d be tied with Rory for 4th.

DJ with the best run through the playoffs ever. My man just crushed it. Impressive stuff

DJ with the best run through the playoffs ever. My man just crushed it. Impressive stuff

So, DJ has a FEDX cup now and 22 wins I think, but one major. Is that enough for most to take his career so far over Brook’s 7 total wins, but 4 of those being majors? I’m on the fence, 4 major trophies on the mantel is pretty awesome still.

Back