• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Torrey sticks out like a sore thumb.

Once Tiger won on a broken leg and hit that iconic putt to send it to a Monday playoff, that pretty much guaranteed they were going to get another US Open, but it does seem like the 7th course out of 7 on that list for sure.

Torrey may not be the most interesting piece of golf architecture, however it is both picturesque and a monster. The USGA notoriously doesn't like to see low numbers in its Opens. You don't have to do much to Torry to ensure no one is double digits under par.

I live about a mile from Brookline CC currently. If I’m still in the area in two years I’m amped to go watch.

I still don't know how they get anything more than about 15,000 fans onto that property. It's so cramped.

Humble brag, but I've actually gotten to play the composite routing once. Pretty cool how they merge holes from the 3 nines there to make a championship test.

I still don't know how they get anything more than about 15,000 fans onto that property. It's so cramped.

Humble brag, but I've actually gotten to play the composite routing once. Pretty cool how they merge holes from the 3 nines there to make a championship test.

I have no memory of that course. I think the last major there was when Curtis Strange won. Is it worthy of a major today?

I have no memory of that course. I think the last major there was when Curtis Strange won. Is it worthy of a major today?

Yes. The lasting memory is super tiny greens and a need to move the ball off the tee. When they had the US Am there the players didn't really overpower the course mainly do to hellacious rough and super firm tiny greens.

Was the Ryder Cup played on the composite course?

Will Zalatoris made the field.

That's pretty cool. A friend of mine is caddying for Curtis Luck (who also made the field). Pulling for those guys. Should be an interesting week. Golf social media is going crazy about the rough and firm greens. We will see some crazy shots and lies this week.

Was that the RC where Curtis Strange blew it on the 18th hole and lost his singles match to Sir Nick Fucking Faldo?

Bogeyed the last three holes, no less. Went 0-3 for the week. Lanny picked him about 3 years past his prime. And Curtis was always one of the toughest guys out there, which made it even more surprising.

Last edited:
It was nice to see Stewart Cink win at the Safeway yesterday, but Harry Higgs has got to be one of my new favs. He's fat, sloppy looking, funny and can really golf his ball.

Was that the RC where Curtis Strange blew it on the 18th hole and lost his singles match to Sir Nick Fucking Faldo?

Bogeyed the last three holes, no less. Went 0-3 for the week. Lanny picked him about 3 years past his prime. And Curtis was always one of the toughest guys out there, which made it even more surprising.

The Strange fold was at Oak Hill in 95. 99 was the famous comeback capped off by Justin Leonard's bomb on 17, and subsequent whinging by euro twats afterwards.

It was nice to see Stewart Cink win at the Safeway yesterday, but Harry Higgs has got to be one of my new favs. He's fat, sloppy looking, funny and can really golf his ball.

Who says golfers aren't elite athletes?

EFWeRo1XoAIQXKi.jpg

Back