• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Who says golfers aren't elite athletes?

EFWeRo1XoAIQXKi.jpg

Looks like John Kruk hitting a golf ball.

Speaking of composite courses and Winged Foot, our friend Jim Nantz offers an interesting take: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/jim-nantz-winged-foot-dream-course

I found it interesting that Casper laid up on 3 all 4 days back in the Massacre. I have wondered for a while why golfers don't similarly lay up on 4 at Augusta when the pin is front left. It's really difficult to get up and down from the bunker or left of the green, whereas an uphill chip from somewhere near the front would be a relatively easy chip.

Tee times are out:

WF Groups:

1:49 pm Thursday (1st tee) - Romain Langasque, Davis Riley, Will Zalatoris

7:56 am Thursday (10th tee): Webb Simpson, Sergio Garcia, Jason Day

Featured Groups:

8:07 am Thursday (1st tee): Tiger Woods, Collin Morikawa, Justin Thomas
1:16 pm Thursday (1st tee): Bryson DeChambeau, Dustin Johnson, Tony Finau
1:27 pm Thursday (1st tee): Phil Mickelson, Paul Casey, Jon Rahm

8:07 am Thursday (10th tee): Rory McElroy, Adam Scott, Justin Rose

The tee times start at 6:50, just about the same time as sunrise. They need good weather because with a full field the amount of daylight is limited in September.

Tee times are out:

WF Groups:

1:49 pm Thursday (1st tee) - Romain Langasque, Davis Riley, Will Zalatoris

7:56 am Thursday (10th tee): Webb Simpson, Sergio Garcia, Jason Day

Featured Groups:

8:07 am Thursday (1st tee): Tiger Woods, Collin Morikawa, Justin Thomas
1:16 pm Thursday (1st tee): Bryson DeChambeau, Dustin Johnson, Tony Finau
1:27 pm Thursday (1st tee): Phil Mickelson, Paul Casey, Jon Rahm

8:07 am Thursday (10th tee): Rory McElroy, Adam Scott, Justin Rose

The tee times start at 6:50, just about the same time as sunrise. They need good weather because with a full field the amount of daylight is limited in September.
Slight chance of rain Friday morning but looks like most of it will be overnight Thursday, but it will be chilly in the mornings. The guys teeing off first will be dealing with temperatures in the mid-40s, going up to the low 60s. Sunset is right around 7 pm.

Has there ever been anybody that loves to hear themselves talk more than Brandel Chamblee?

Has there ever been anybody that loves to hear themselves talk more than Brandel Chamblee?

Last night on Live from the US Open, Rich Lerner had to give Brandel the, "well you given us a lot to think about Brandel." Which is polite on air speak for, will you shut the hell up you freaking idiot!

Last night on Live from the US Open, Rich Lerner had to give Brandel the, "well you given us a lot to think about Brandel." Which is polite on air speak for, will you shut the hell up you freaking idiot!

Hahah I saw a bit of that. Mid rant I changed the channel. I could see where that one was going. Justin Leonard was just staring at Chamblee completely dumbfounded.

Amateur Davis Thompson, a junior from UGA, is leading at -4 through 12.

This is annoying. I need more carnage out there. WF doesn't look near as hard as all the players/commentators were saying. When the NE wind kicks up and they don't cut the rough for the rest of the week, I'm sure it will get harder, but still. An amateur at -4?!?

This is annoying. I need more carnage out there. WF doesn't look near as hard as all the players/commentators were saying. When the NE wind kicks up and they don't cut the rough for the rest of the week, I'm sure it will get harder, but still. An amateur at -4?!?

It's not unusual for the toughness of the US Open course to be played up all week and then the scores in the 1st and even 2nd rounds to be much lower than expected. Usually unless the conditions become very soft and benign, the course will show it's teeth over the weekend. Patience

Whatever happened to that pimply-faced high schooler that was in the running five or six years ago as an amateur? I loved that Open.

Back