• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Sure seems like selective moral outrage on this. Saudi Aramco spends $100M+ to be the title sponsor for Formula 1 and to sponsor the Saudi Grand Prix, but you don’t hear shit about that.

DR is a 9 or 10. If a scratch golfer gives him 9 it will probably be a good match off the white tees. Off the blues (tips), DR might struggle.

Countdown to DR telling us he's won multiple club championships at Chicago and San Francisco Golf Clubs. By the way, none of his scores in 2022 are from Seminole...

Glad you boys are checking my GHIN. I do see my handicap has swelled to 10.7. Sorry, I guess I need to spend less time at Bear's Club and Seminole and more time at Reynolds Park.

You do know course rating and slope are components of your handicap, right?

You do know course rating and slope are components of your handicap, right?

No I ain’t ever heard of that. Lol

Come off Winged Foot or Oakland Hills & tell me it’s only 4 shots harder than Old Town. I assure you that you will not.

I’m proud of my 10.7!

Phil's a greedy dude but who didn't know that. Curious to see what happens when/if LIV golf folds, does PGA tour accept these guys that resigned back with open arms?

Probably depends on who it is. I think if that would happen guys like Kevin Na would need the PGA tour a lot more than the PGA tour needs Kevin Na. It obvious what they're doing though, they're getting enough money where they'll never have to worry about getting paid again.

I don't see how they have a choice if they qualify by their rules. They all resigned, which is perfectly legal and they are free to do what they want. If they try to come back in 2 years, what have they done wrong legally?

Probably depends on who it is. I think if that would happen guys like Kevin Na would need the PGA tour a lot more than the PGA tour needs Kevin Na. It obvious what they're doing though, they're getting enough money where they'll never have to worry about getting paid again.

Yup- this was basically Dustin Johnson's statement. Credit to him for being honest unlike some of the " I want to change the game" bs.

No I ain’t ever heard of that. Lol

Come off Winged Foot or Oakland Hills & tell me it’s only 4 shots harder than Old Town. I assure you that you will not.

I’m proud of my 10.7!

Single digit handicappers understand the course rating and handicap systems.

Bears Club and Seminole are really good of course but I prefer Bears Club. I was not impressed with The Grove 23. It's just ok. And it's weird because the last time I was there in April MJ was playing and Bubba and several others and they were almost all wearing gym shorts and t shirts. But The Grove has the best pro shop ever and it is cheap. I tore that place up. Bought a pair of Air Jordan golf shoes and I think they were like $125.

Ryder Cup will become irrelevant if most of top Europeans and several of the Americans like DJ can’t play.

This was all so obvious (except to those here apparently). The PGA tour will eventually back down. Their own events will suffer greatly otherwise.

The better response all along should have been “Look we know you are free agents legally. We would love to have you in our events when you want to play.”

Ryder Cup will become irrelevant if most of top Europeans and several of the Americans like DJ can’t play.

This was all so obvious (except to those here apparently). The PGA tour will eventually back down. Their own events will suffer greatly otherwise.

The better response all along should have been “Look we know you are free agents legally. We would love to have you in our events when you want to play.”

Absolute nonsense. Every single word. I cant even believe how silly that post is.

I wonder how much money Bill Haas turned down?

I don’t think it’s very smart but to each his own. Love the decision or hate it, the Haas’ are loyal to the old school world. They are, indeed, classic Demon Deacons.

Oh holy hell. The Ryder Cup is not going to miss DJ and Phil one bit. Nor will it miss Rickie.

And it won't miss the Euro has been like Westwood who would have captained in coming years.

Back