• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

They've been taking over F1 too.

Ah right good call, I don't watch f1 so it completely slipped my mind.

I remember hearing rumors about a full takeover of F1 but that was back in the fall(?), has anything happened with that and/or still rumors in the f1 circles?

Europe has been getting hit with the sports washing bug from multiple angles for a while now, this is just the US market's first real taste.

They certainly have the asshole market covered.

100%. It's almost like an Onion Piece: PGA Tour's Most Hated Players Breakaway To Form The Their Own Assholes Tour Funded By Even More Hated Assholes

Let's get real here. These golfers keep talking about one bone sawed journalist. These Wahhabi pricks spread their nihilistic totalitarian fascism throughout the world. Their barbaric brand of Islam took down the twin towers. I don't know exactly what their move is here, but I'm certain it's not the love of golf or sport. And you can be assured there won't be a female tour. And they consider these Anglo golfers to be less than dirt. That's reality. Interesting it coincides with a rise in fascism across the planet. You cannot be a child of The Enlightenment and accept their world view.

Bryson will spearhead the long drive contest division of LIV. Fatrick will chair the rules committee.

At least it's going to be easier to root for every member of the US RC and PC teams.

How long are the exemptions for majors? I know any past champ can play the Masters, but how long does a major win exempt you for all the other majors? It won't take long for these guys to lose enough ranking points that they won't be able to qualify that way. And I guess your average Asian tour stop just got a bit more interesting. I figure these guys are going to want to play more than 8 events a year.

It's actually kind of nice to have a centralized location of golfers that I would like to ignore. Makes it much easier.

At least it's going to be easier to root for every member of the US RC and PC teams.

How long are the exemptions for majors? I know any past champ can play the Masters, but how long does a major win exempt you for all the other majors? It won't take long for these guys to lose enough ranking points that they won't be able to qualify that way. And I guess your average Asian tour stop just got a bit more interesting. I figure these guys are going to want to play more than 8 events a year.

You get a 5-year exemption into all majors for winning one of them (so, for instance, Phil is covered for the 2021 through 2025 US Opens for winning the 2021 PGA Championship). As a Masters winner, you have a lifetime exemption. PGA Champs and Open Champs are essentially "lifetime" (they let you play up until like age 60 or so, or gently ask you to step aside prior to then if you game isn't up to the task). US Open winners have a 10-year exemption (so Dustin is good until the 2026 US Open off of his 2016 Oakmont win).

They got the wrong Koepka.

Brooks has no loyalty to the PGA Tour. He's the definition of a guy that loves majors and hates the Honda Classic. He'll be signed up for LIV as soon as they get back from their honeymoon.

Are Reed (age 31) and DeChambeau (age 28)both horrible too in your alls eyes? They are both ranked in the top 40, have won majors and will win them again.

61 year old John Huston was asked to fill a spot in the Canadian Open after like 3 other dudes passed. He hasn't cashed a check since 2010.

Can I get a list of golfers you all don't believe are trash or assholes? I imagine one or two of whatever list you provide will be signed for LIV by the end of the week.

The PGA Tour needs to go beg Phil Mickelson and Greg Norman and work with them immediately. Not pretend they are inhumane and evil. That path did not work.

Are Reed (age 31) and DeChambeau (age 28)both horrible too in your alls eyes? They are both ranked in the top 40, have won majors and will win them again.

61 year old John Huston was asked to fill a spot in the Canadian Open after like 3 other dudes passed. He hasn't cashed a check since 2010.

Can I get a list of golfers you all don't believe are trash or assholes? I imagine one or two of whatever list you provide will be signed for LIV by the end of the week.

The PGA Tour needs to go beg Phil Mickelson and Greg Norman and work with them immediately. Not pretend they are inhumane and evil. That path did not work.

Yeah the unpopularity/douchiness of reed and bryson is pretty well documented. Those guys can go.

Getting rid of really good players you think are douchebags doesn't help the PGA and it wouldn't help any other league.

Yeah the unpopularity/douchiness of reed and bryson is pretty well documented. Those guys can go.

Glad they have your permission. Seems the PGA Tour viewed this the same way. Treating folks as if they were in charge. As I predicted, that did not go well.

Ostracizing Phil only made things worse.

Good luck getting the OWGR to join the fray when this is their governing board:

Chairman - Peter Dawson CBE

Augusta National GC - Buzzy Johnson, Senior Director of the Masters Tournament

European Tour - Keith Pelley, Chief Executive

PGA of America - Seth Waugh, Chief Executive Officer

PGA Tour - Jay Monahan, Commissioner

The R&A - Martin Slumbers, Chief Executive

USGA - Mike Whan, Chief Executive Officer

International Federation of PGA Tours - Keith Waters (COO European Tour)

Secretary - Ben Bye (General Counsel European Tour)

Back