• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I think a better analog to predict the effects of multiple, competing sports organizations is the boxing governing bodies. It's fair to say that the proliferation of governing bodies, which, prior to the early sixties, just included the WBA, made the overall product worse. There are for sure other causes for the decline of interest in boxing, but it's probably not a coincidence that there's a correlation between the creation of a bunch of boxing organizations and the decline of the sport.

Oh no. Just no. Well I'm out on thinking he might have any golf knowledge. I hope you golf well over there. Hit some good tee offs.

I’ve been playing golf for over 30 years. I represent several players on different tours. I’ve played over 70 of the top 100 courses in the US. Next week I’ll attend my 51st major. I’ve caddied in 2 majors and 2 us amateurs.

Can I get your resume?

It's almost dark dude. I couldn't exactly visit the pub for more than a bite and a couple diet cokes. I aint had a drink in nearly 3 years. Getting some shit done and delivering some tickets. gotta make money man. golfing again in morning. probably not back to tourney until sunday.

The sun sets 2:43 after your post I commented on. By that definition, you're almost tall.

Last edited:
How did the companies in these industries work together exactly? You know, help each other? I dont remember going to buy a Ford and the dealership saying "Noo, go try a Chevrolet. They need to sell cars too."

I mean of course auto manufacturers all want more people to buy cars and cigarette companies want more people smoking cigarettes. I am missing your point.

Ford and GM co-developed a 10 speed transmission for their trucks a couple years ago.

*I want to make clear that I have never agreed with a single DR position. This was just a fun little factoid.*

I’ve been playing golf for over 30 years. I represent several players on different tours. I’ve played over 70 of the top 100 courses in the US. Next week I’ll attend my 51st major. I’ve caddied in 2 majors and 2 us amateurs.

Can I get your resume?

Can't. Deacdaddy will roast me.

Plus, I'm about to go tennising.

Greatest lesson in my life. American business institutions are not out to kill each other. They just want to help each other. Like the Saudis. We just want a fictitious price of oil. Because we care. In business in America we extend the hand of friendship, hoping you make it to, even though we compete. It's a love affair in American capitalism. When I kill your business. I'll throw you a life ring, so you can come back and compete with me again. We've all seen this work out in our lives. Stop bitching.

A golf resume can very easily be how long you’ve played, where you’ve played, what events you’ve attended, etc. It doesn’t have to include whom you know in golf. To do that would surely be a sign of insecurity **cough DR**

I’m a plaintiffs lawyer, a real estate guy, and a ticket guy. Folks competing in those industries help each other. It’s great for business.

Back in the day, lawyers had to go to their law offices more than 3 days per month, prepare for depositions, mediations, and trials, meet hundreds of deadlines and actually meet face to face with other attorneys, your law partners, and most importantly, your clients. John Edwards didn’t become the best trial lawyer in NC by spending his time traveling the world non-stop. He worked his ass off. Impress us with some jury verdicts. Let’s hear about some of those instead of how many majors in a row you have attended or the number of basketball arenas you have visited.

This will be an interesting case when it hits the courts. My CV....I spent the early part of my career in antitrust (on the federal side) and was called in court as an analyst on various price fixing cases and mergers. Antitrust is a highly complex part of the law and even when there are literally clear cut cases, the other side often wins. I suspect the PGA tour will prevail (exclusivity actually likely creates more net economic value as it does in may contracts) but hey, Ive only spent my early career in this space, have played just 5 of the top 100 courses in the world and I just have customer who is a former tour player (but a 2 time US open winner)....

Last edited:
CHDeac, sounds like a “cute” little career. Awwww. Aren’t you adorable.

(I hope you know why I said that)

This will be an interesting case when it hits the courts. My CV....I spent the early part of my career in antitrust (on the federal side) and was called in court as an analyst on various price fixing cases and mergers. Antitrust is a highly complex part of the law and even when there are literally clear cut cases, the other side often wins. I suspect the PGA tour will prevail (exclusivity actually likely creates more net economic value as it does in may contracts) but hey, Ive only spent my early career in this space, have played just 5 of the top 100 courses in the world and I just have customer who is a former tour player (but a 2 time US open winner)....

But can you litigate a slip and fall?typical Wake grad loser. Geez

So PGA Tour players accept a tour card and all the benefits of membership by agreeing not to play in competing tours, while LIV players accept millions of dollars by agreeing to play in all the LIV events and therefore are not allowed to play in competing PGA Tour events whenever a LIV event occurs? And the LIV takes only 48 players so they will jettison guys whenever bigger names - not better players - agree to take the money? But they want to force the PGA Tour to put players in their fields? These are some really, really slippery arguments. They're not going to win anything.

So, let me get this straight:

- It's OK for LIV to invite and exclude whomever they want to play in their limited field no cut events
- PGAT is compelled to allow LIV players participate in whatever few PGAT events that those players elect to play in, even though those players are participating in a LIV venture that (as mentioned by mack above) seeks to harm, if not outright destroy the PGAT

Yes, what would Wyndham do without Matt Jones.... Fans will be angry.

Yes, that's right. Matt Jones.

Matt Jones, the 42-year old Australian golfer who won twice on the PGA tour is the host and savior of the Greensboro PGA event.

Not really enjoying this Renaissance course visually. Seems like more of a weekly stop on the DP Tour than a Scottish Open course.

Not really enjoying this Renaissance course visually. Seems like more of a weekly stop on the DP Tour than a Scottish Open course.

Like Gullane, which is right next to it and has also been a host, it's not as visually stunning as Castle Stewart, Dundonald or Kingsbarns. Part of that is because they only have 3 holes where the shore is in view. But it's a really tough test and is harder than St. Andrews will be next week. I enjoyed it the last 2 days. Was rooting for Kitiyama but am fine with Xander getting another win. Xander, Thomas and Fitzpatrick are probably the only 3 with a chance to chase down Scheffler with a win next week.

Back