• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Prosser to Pitt
Whatever Duke player is definitely playing
It's going to be Illinois in the Gator Bowl
probably at least 20 other "scoops" that have turned out to be completely wrong.

Dude is literally NEVER right about anything. That's why I am 90% sure he is just a parody.

I'm so glad the only thing I screwed up was Chris Paul signing a lease at Crowne Park apartments with Justin Gray.

Oh man. That's great. Did you post as VOTSdeac? I remember someone speculating that V = 5 and it stood for #5 On The Side and it was a WR who wore #5 (Chris Davis if I remember correctly) so there was something to it.

Kenny Moore was supposed to be the 3rd person in the 3 bedroom unit. I watched them do a walk thru as I lived there at the time. The office guy told me they signed a lease, but as we learned, leases can be broken when you are a high NBA draft pick. The rest is history.

Several more coming in LIV events in months ahead including Varner, Scott & Fowler.

I like Cameron Young. I like Chris Paul too. Both great pros. Wish we could win at Wake with such amazing talent.

Several more coming in LIV events in months ahead including Varner, Scott & Fowler.

I like Cameron Young. I like Chris Paul too. Both great pros. Wish we could win at Wake with such amazing talent.

Varner is not on the LIV tour.

Caught a replay of Phil’s presser last night....

Grey scruffy beard, somewhat pale and either a full shaved head or a buzz cut under a non-descript golf cap.

Almost unrecognizable....

SCOOOOP from our boy Donny G in Scotland.

Cam Smith is having another day at a major with his putter on fire. He has made putts from 47, 17, 12, 6, 29, and 7 feet for his 5 birdies and a 64 foot eagle putt.

Cam Smith is having another day at a major with his putter on fire. He has made putts from 47, 17, 12, 6, 29, and 7 feet for his 5 birdies and a 64 foot eagle putt.

Watched a lot of it today, and that dude is probably the best putter on tour the last couple of years, though has the worst haircut in tour history. Hope he doesn't run away and hide so the next 2 days stay interesting. Rooting for Young and Rory, and Rory is probably happy Hovland hit his birdie putt on 18 so Rory doesn't have to play with DJ.

Interesting that on the coverage today I saw maybe 2 shots each from Bryson and DJ despite top 10 finishes. Plenty of Adam Scott, Schauffele, Fleetwood, and Cantlay even without them being in the hunt. Have to assume that's the LIV Tour at influence at work, so I guess that's one thing to like about it.

Rory should have coasted but just can't make putts - he really could be another Tiger and still has time - every tool but the putter. Needs to go back to a blade putter and make it the only thing he focuses on until the Masters. Too phenomenal a player to keep bagging a hacker mallet. Last major in 2014 - Nike Method blade putter, before that Cameron Newports similar to Tiger. Needs to get back to loving 1-putts more than he hates the occasional 3-putt.

Smith had a 30 on the back 9. Young had a 31. Rory had a 35.

Interesting that on the coverage today I saw maybe 2 shots each from Bryson and DJ despite top 10 finishes. Plenty of Adam Scott, Schauffele, Fleetwood, and Cantlay even without them being in the hunt. Have to assume that's the LIV Tour at influence at work, so I guess that's one thing to like about it.

Rory should have coasted but just can't make putts - he really could be another Tiger and still has time - every tool but the putter. Needs to go back to a blade putter and make it the only thing he focuses on until the Masters. Too phenomenal a player to keep bagging a hacker mallet. Last major in 2014 - Nike Method blade putter, before that Cameron Newports similar to Tiger. Needs to get back to loving 1-putts more than he hates the occasional 3-putt.

By my count, 12 LIV guys played. 8 missed the cut, and 1 contended, though faded on the back 8 the last 2 days. LIV is not about competition. It's about getting paid up front and complacency.

I was rooting for Young and Rory, and they played well. They just weren't hitting putts today as Smith was again canning everything he saw. He's where Spieth was 5-6 years ago. And he's tough to beat when he doesn't spray his driver.

When the golf channel guys got to interview Smith, Rich Lerner made a comment about Smith joining his countrymen Peter Thompson and Kel Nagle as players to win from Australia. I do not think the exclusion of Greg Norman was unintentional.

On another note, people might say 20 under has no business in winning a major, but I found this Open very entertaining. The Old Course is special and offers something very different than we normally see in majors these days with 250 yard par 3’s and 500+ yard par 4’s. I wouldn’t want to see every major or even every Open played like that, but once every 5 to 8 years is cool with me.

By my count, 12 LIV guys played. 8 missed the cut, and 1 contended, though faded on the back 8 the last 2 days. LIV is not about competition. It's about getting paid up front and complacency.

I was rooting for Young and Rory, and they played well. They just weren't hitting putts today as Smith was again canning everything he saw. He's where Spieth was 5-6 years ago. And he's tough to beat when he doesn't spray his driver.

I saw something that said Henrik Stenson is going to join LIV and would stripped of his Ryder Cup captaincy.

Back