• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I've heard all of those names thrown around and:

Adam Scott
Im
Niemann
Mito
Cam Young (agree with those that debunked Young, just saying his name has been out there).

Of the rumored names, only 3 would have material impact on the PGAT:

Cam Smith (most recent major winner; he has cache'; he is a rising star
Hideki (most famous athlete in Japan; recent Masters winner; he brings a lot Japanese ad revenue, media attention and fan support to the PGAT; he also won the 2021 Masters)
Cam Young (rising star; contended in multiple majors)

Last edited:
At least the response is open now instead of hidden: Wake Forest alums don’t care about winning in basketball.

This is what it has always been. We suck at mens basketball because we choose to suck.

I know I shouldn't respond but can't help myself. We don't suck at basketball. We sucked for over a decade for one reason and one reason only, we hired shitty coaches. For multiple decades we have been very, very good at basketball. And we have the opportunity to be very, very good again. Great? I don't know, but maybe. Your hyperbolic take that we have always sucked at basketball makes it difficult to listen to anything else you say.

I have always said the only problem with your argument is one of degrees. Any reasonable person would agree that the perfect arena would help the program's success. The question is how much would it help and how much of an investment would it be worth. There are many factors impacting the success of a basketball program - where does the arena fall in the order of priority? You appear to place it much higher on the list than most other people here. Differences of opinion are fine - but it is not fine to claim that having a difference of opinion means others are choosing to lose.

Sure it is Scooter. You agree it matters to some degree. We aren’t allocating what we need to make it happen and haven’t for decades.

These are arguments you’d never here in the SEC West when it comes to football. It just means more.

At Wake Forest, hoops is not prioritized. That is a conscious choice to suck. Sadly wake alums all too often choose this in their business life. That’s why we are broke compared to Duke. Our alums for the most part have “not rocking the boat” as a core value. And we get what we prioritize. At Wake Forest, we can be counted on to never rock the boat.

Serious question, DR. What would make Wake Forest basketball better, $200 million towards a new arena, or $200 million into an NIL fund?

If this is accurate, then Cam Smith would be the one from the Tour Championship, and that means that LIV would have missed on Hideki, Niemann, Scott and all of the remaining top 30 PGAT golfers. That would be a good news for the PGAT.

Sure it is Scooter. You agree it matters to some degree. We aren’t allocating what we need to make it happen and haven’t for decades.

These are arguments you’d never here in the SEC West when it comes to football. It just means more.

At Wake Forest, hoops is not prioritized. That is a conscious choice to suck. Sadly wake alums all too often choose this in their business life. That’s why we are broke compared to Duke. Our alums for the most part have “not rocking the boat” as a core value. And we get what we prioritize. At Wake Forest, we can be counted on to never rock the boat.

These posts are just amusing at this point. The ability to maintain the schtick is actually kind of impressive. I don't think I've ever read a single post where he breaks character. This is the most convincing troll/parody account since fusiondad.

I think our investment in athletic facilities including at Groves and on campus demonstrates our alums' commitment to athletics vs Duke with their high school gym and football stadium.

Scooter also are you saying the decade of the 2000s Didn’t suck at wake? We went to 1 sweet 16 and 0 ACC championship games. Prosser had us in last at times.

It completely sucked. We had great pros and still sucked. It was horrifying.

Rory opens the Tour Championship with triple, and then bogey. After starting out -4, he at even and ahead of only Cory Connors. Guess Rory is suspending too much of his time planning Monday Night Team Golf.

Please tell us how to run our businesses, Mr Business. I just sit in my office and drool all day while spinning on my thumb.

I've heard all of those names thrown around and:

Adam Scott
Im
Niemann
Mito
Cam Young (agree with those that debunked Young, just saying his name has been out there).

Of the rumored names, only 3 would have material impact on the PGAT:

Cam Smith (most recent major winner; he has cache'; he is a rising star
Hideki (most famous athlete in Japan; recent Masters winner; he brings a lot Japanese ad revenue, media attention and fan support to the PGAT; he also won the 2021 Masters)
Cam Young (rising star; contended in multiple majors)

Scott and Im make sense. Scott is getting up there, and though he still plays pretty well, he isn't winning any longer. And it's smart for Im to take the $$ now because he's going to have to go back and fulfill the South Korean military requirement like Bae had to. So may as well cash out now because most of those guys don't return to relevance after that. And I hate losing Hideki - he's been 1 of my favorites the last several years.

Here is some boat rocking. Wake invested in the right sport. I have non wake friends in Portland . they call themselves The Meshies. Celebrate and never miss a game from the West Coast. Wake is it for them. Look at the internet. Wake shit everyday, all the time. College basketball is on its death bed.

Here is some boat rocking. Wake invested in the right sport. I have non wake friends in Portland . they call themselves The Meshies. Celebrate and never miss a game from the West Coast. Wake is it for them. Look at the internet. Wake shit everyday, all the time. College basketball is on its death bed.

Would it be fair to say that this ummm... rocks his boat?

Like I said, I appreciate the admission. For years we thought we were combatting delusional decision making on men's basketball. Now we at least know what the problem was all along: Wake Forest and its alums just didn't care about men's basketball.

This breakthrough at least let those of us who still do care about men's basketball know what we're up against. Calling folks delusional isn't right anymore. Becasue they aren't dumb. They just don't care but were not telling us they didn't care.

Like I said, I appreciate the admission. For years we thought we were combatting delusional decision making on men's basketball. Now we at least know what the problem was all along: Wake Forest and its alums just didn't care about men's basketball.

This breakthrough at least let those of us who still do care about men's basketball know what we're up against. Calling folks delusional isn't right anymore. Becasue they aren't dumb. They just don't care but were not telling us they didn't care.

I mean, you are a business genius, right? You understand changing markets, forecasting, things like that, right? You are in inner circles, right? You didn't see the changes/realities in college athletics coming or as they were happening? You feel lied to or left in the dark?

This really puts the asshole or dumbass thing back in question.

I mean, you are a business genius, right? You understand changing markets, forecasting, things like that, right? You are in inner circles, right? You didn't see the changes/realities in college athletics coming or as they were happening? You feel lied to or left in the dark?

This really puts the asshole or dumbass thing back in question.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

Back