• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Really hate this for Will.

This injury has already cost him 3-4 Million. I don't know what LIV would have paid him as I haven't been privy to that one but guessing 50 Million.

So he basically has 54 Million less dollar if he can't return to form. Golf careers can go long or they can fizzle quicky. Players know this. That's why they are taking the life altering money.

Alex Smalley made 1.7 million on tour this year with virtually no endorsements which placed him 65th or so. His expenses were about 1 million. He had an unbelievable year. His life has not changed.

He basically made 700K and, unlike those of us in the real world, he can't do that for 40 years. 5-6 years at best. Unless you are a superstar, you face an uncertain future on the PGA Tour. That's great for fan excitement. We love watching failure and achievement. The families impacted not so much. LIV money is just too tempting to pass under the current scenario.

One track mind. It’s honestly just gross.

This injury has already cost him 3-4 Million. I don't know what LIV would have paid him as I haven't been privy to that one but guessing 50 Million.

So he basically has 54 Million less dollar if he can't return to form. Golf careers can go long or they can fizzle quicky. Players know this. That's why they are taking the life altering money.

Alex Smalley made 1.7 million on tour this year with virtually no endorsements which placed him 65th or so. His expenses were about 1 million. He had an unbelievable year. His life has not changed.

He basically made 700K and, unlike those of us in the real world, he can't do that for 40 years. 5-6 years at best. Unless you are a superstar, you face an uncertain future on the PGA Tour. That's great for fan excitement. We love watching failure and achievement. The families impacted not so much. LIV money is just too tempting to pass under the current scenario.

This is rich. Will wasn't going to LIV. Moreover, on LIV there are many worse players with far dimmer futures than a non-playing Will Zalatoris, so I'm sure he'll get his shot to LIV his best life if he wants it.

Very unfortunate that he got injured right before East Lake. Even more unfortunate that he will miss his first Presidents Cup. But he will come back and pick up where he left off. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

Well, the PGA Tour has just remade itself.

That's great stuff. Evolve evolve evolve.

He's right, this is the great thing about a membership organization. LIV guys look sillier and sillier with each passing day. Excellent.

TECH INFUSED !!!

Lol cry me a river for the dude banking 700k in a year. If he does that for the next 5 years he's banking 3.5 - 4.2 million before he's 30 years old. That's pretty significant unless you're terrible w/money.

Phil waves hello.

Are these going to be on simulators I guess? Sounds like they want to have them at stadiums?

Yeah, stadiums and simulators.

Last edited:
Cheesy video but the concept looks promising. At 2 hours, at the least it’s something to keep track of while watching League Pass.

This is a mix of BIG3 basketball and the mini games you could play in Tiger Woods Golf 2004 on PS2.

it's almost like, if you want to get paid you should provide value to someone for your services. Alex Smalley earned $700k this year playing a sport where about 0.1% of the fans of that sport noticed that he was even there. The rest of us (99.9%) have never heard of him and couldn't care less about a mid-level schlub who plays golf.

Well, the PGA Tour has just remade itself.

They are going to use the PIP top 20 as one criteria for status into the elite tier of events for next year, which likely gives Rickie Fowler one last lifeline to staying relevant.

Can professional golfers write off their golf related expenses for tax purposes? Lodging, airfare, caddy, etc?

There is zero chance Alex Smalley's expenses were anywhere near $1 million. If they were, the dude is completely inept with money. Call it $170K to the caddy (though players often pay less than the standard 10%). That's $830K remaining across 36 events, which would equate to over $23K per week. Unless he's flying private and staying in 5 star hotels (he's not), that's way off, probably like 500% off. He's undoubtedly got some other expenses like a swing coach, sports psychologist, personal trainer, etc., but I sure hope he's pocketing way more than $700K.

PGA changes were great. Tigers thing will be fun, it's not serious, but will be something I'll tune into to see what it's about.

Liv took a big punch today. Biggest one yet maybe.

In addition to LIV taking a punch there are a handful of PGA tournaments that also took a punch today which isn't cool.

There is zero chance Alex Smalley's expenses were anywhere near $1 million. If they were, the dude is completely inept with money. Call it $170K to the caddy (though players often pay less than the standard 10%). That's $830K remaining across 36 events, which would equate to over $23K per week. Unless he's flying private and staying in 5 star hotels (he's not), that's way off, probably like 500% off. He's undoubtedly got some other expenses like a swing coach, sports psychologist, personal trainer, etc., but I sure hope he's pocketing way more than $700K.

Taxes.

Back