• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

It's gotta be weird to have all this bullshit taking up space in your brain. I've seen the size of your head though.

The conviction of thinking he is absolutely right even when demonstrably wrong has to be exhausting.

The conviction of thinking he is absolutely right even when demonstrably wrong has to be exhausting.

Nah. The exhausting part is self reflection and introspection. If you don’t have that and you are just confidently stupid, it’s not too tiring.

So, is Shane Lowry now in the Tour Championship or do they play with a 29 man field?

So, is Shane Lowry now in the Tour Championship or do they play with a 29 man field?

I've read 29 man field. As long as the other 29 players finish all 72 holes they finish ahead of Will and he gets 30th place money, which is about 500k.

This cost him a ton.

More importantly, he is way too young to be having this issue. Not sure surgery will be the chosen path at his age.

I've read 29 man field. As long as the other 29 players finish all 72 holes they finish ahead of Will and he gets 30th place money, which is about 500k.

This cost him a ton.

More importantly, he is way too young to be having this issue. Not sure surgery will be the chosen path at his age.

Not sure what the Tour Championship purse is this year, but this has to be a $10M back problem for this weekend alone.

With Zalatoris out, I assume those behind don't move up. So:

Scheffler -10
Cantlay -8
[WILL Z] -7
Xander -6
Smith, McElroy, Finau, Straka, Im -5

Hard to see anyone, but Scheffler, Cantlay or Xander winning, unless all 3 barf on themselves.

If he finished 10th, he would've gotten 1 mil, and he gets $500,000 for 30th.

Now if he finished where he started at 3rd, he'd have gotten 5 mil.

So somewhere between a 500,000-4.5 mil injury I'd say.

Winner gets 18 mil, so you do the math there.

Herniated discs are brutal for golf. Ask Tiger with however many failed microdiscectomy surgeries he had before the full fusion. I've been putting off surgery for ~10 years, and there are times I just can't get all the way through the ball and have to rely way too much on hands/wrists. Not a great recipe for high level consistency, which Will has shown in spades thus far.

Will has a huge reverse C in his through swing. That put him at risk for this type of injury.

Really hate this for Will.

This injury has already cost him 3-4 Million. I don't know what LIV would have paid him as I haven't been privy to that one but guessing 50 Million.

So he basically has 54 Million less dollar if he can't return to form. Golf careers can go long or they can fizzle quicky. Players know this. That's why they are taking the life altering money.

Alex Smalley made 1.7 million on tour this year with virtually no endorsements which placed him 65th or so. His expenses were about 1 million. He had an unbelievable year. His life has not changed.

He basically made 700K and, unlike those of us in the real world, he can't do that for 40 years. 5-6 years at best. Unless you are a superstar, you face an uncertain future on the PGA Tour. That's great for fan excitement. We love watching failure and achievement. The families impacted not so much. LIV money is just too tempting to pass under the current scenario.

It’s sports. Their future should be uncertain unless they’ve shown they’re among the best in the game.

Will is among the best in the game.

So was David Duval for a bit. So was Ian Baker-Finch.

They are now grinding along paying their bills making little money on the Golf Channel on occassion. All so the PGA Tour can stay rich.

Like I said, I hate if for Will. There is some chance his window to get rich off his skills is now over. His career earnings have to be around 7-10 million. After expenses and taxes, he'll likely still have a comfortable life. I guess, some of our own NFLers have blown more quick.

Why are Trumpers also LIV supporters? Takes the same type of person, I guess.

Lol cry me a river for the dude banking 700k in a year. If he does that for the next 5 years he's banking 3.5 - 4.2 million before he's 30 years old. That's pretty significant unless you're terrible w/money.

Will is among the best in the game.

So was David Duval for a bit. So was Ian Baker-Finch.

They are now grinding along paying their bills making little money on the Golf Channel on occassion. All so the PGA Tour can stay rich.

Like I said, I hate if for Will. There is some chance his window to get rich off his skills is now over. His career earnings have to be around 7-10 million. After expenses and taxes, he'll likely still have a comfortable life. I guess, some of our own NFLers have blown more quick.

Per Celebrity Net Worth, Duval is worth $20 million. Baker-Finch worth $5 million. And they were good when the money wasn’t as good as now, and they plummeted from their peaks. Your point has some merit but those are bad examples. I don’t think of those guys as grinding for cash.

Even Raleigh’s own Chesson Hadley has made $11 million+ professionally since 2010 and is allegedly worth $5 million. That’s pretty good for a 35 year old guy who won once on tour and that win wasn’t prestigious enough to get him into the Masters.

Is that $1 million in expenses only golf expenses or is it golf plus the “expenses” we all have just to live our lives.

Is that $1 million in expenses only golf expenses or is it golf plus the “expenses” we all have just to live our lives.

I assume it's golf expenses (travel, lodging, food, caddie, coaches) plus taxes. Figure about 700k of that is taxes, then about 10k/week in expenses sounds about right.

Lol cry me a river for the dude banking 700k in a year. If he does that for the next 5 years he's banking 3.5 - 4.2 million before he's 30 years old. That's pretty significant unless you're terrible w/money.

He'll also have a ton of deferred compensation in his PGA Tour retirement plan if he does that for another 5-6 years, what many people describe as the best retirement plan in sports. And he'll have the added satisfaction that he earned his place on the PGA Tour and decided to compete against the best in the game in actual, real life tournaments with real stakes (not the fluff the LIV tour is currently trying to masquerade as competition).

Back