• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

People from the southwest know.

Calling it that specifically for golf is a bit pretentious. It's a fucking ditch with crap in it to fuck with your ball.
The Raleigh CC Ross remodel involved a few barrancas, which are cool visually, but nowhere near the level of LACC.

It's pretty annoying that the US Open coverage is 4k but they limit the 4k feeds to off-broadcast sections of the course, then the nice clean feed for streaming turns into hot garbage when compressed and re-released by the networks.

Even with its hiccups I wish they'd just simulcast on Peacock throughout.

It's pretty annoying that the US Open coverage is 4k but they limit the 4k feeds to off-broadcast sections of the course, then the nice clean feed for streaming turns into hot garbage when compressed and re-released by the networks.

Even with its hiccups I wish they'd just simulcast on Peacock throughout.

The audio is also crackling on USA’s broadcast

And space concerns....nowhere for fans to be on the property. Plus, the members said they couldn't build a huge grandstand next to the 18th green because it would block their view from the clubhouse.

And space concerns....nowhere for fans to be on the property. Plus, the members said they couldn't build a huge grandstand next to the 18th green because it would block their view from the clubhouse.

That’s stupid.

There’s not really anything wrong with this course or it’s membership. It just has no business hosting the US Open.

I’ve never been a country club bro, hell only played private courses a handful of times outside of highschool (I was on the golf team), but this course looks fine to me

I'm sure LACC is a really fun course to be a member at, but I really don't like it for a major.

The fairways are sloped in a super boring way imo. All of the balls are filtering to the same spots. Good for an am member since you get predictable results for hitting fairways, but kind of boring to watch a major field navigate it.

The rough consistency has to suck for the players too. I know they don't get a true growing season, but Torrey has figured out how to grow out consistent, thick rough. Maybe it's because Torrey is on the water, idk.

When the most interesting holes you're throwing out there are super long and super short par 3s it leaves a lot to be desired for a major.

If they shortened the course up and turned it into a birdie fest for a normal PGA event it could be fun, but I doubt the membership would accept anything other than a major. I guess the alternative is all these pros talking shit on your course.

Kinda bullshit they let all the fans crowd around and be noisy as shit. Tough for Clark. But he managed it.

Hell, the USGA fucked up Pinehurst so bad in 2014 that the bottlenecks were so bad you couldn’t walk around.
Very true. I am thinking of getting tix for next year but really hope they figure something out. I looked at special grandstand tickets and they were $600+ - that is a little high...

Back