• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

FWIW, cashing out is typically not a great option. The book's "take-out" of the cash out option is always worse than the actual odds that the team/player that you have of winning at that point in time (that's why books offer the cash out; they aren't going to give the bettor a premium). In most instances, if you are uninclined to hedge, you can make more by trying to middle in team sport, or taking the other contenders to win in a individual sport.

With all that said, on Thursday morning of a four day PGA event, that isn't really an option since half the field hasn't even tee'd off yet. Winning a golf tournament is hard; crazy to think that any golfer has an edge on Thursday morning. Numbers, I love your takes, but jocking Adberg like that during his first round was beneath you.
Yeah I hardly ever cash out. The only time I've ever done it was when I had Ryan Palmer at some ridiculous number and he was leading by a shot or two earlier this year like 16 holes in at an elevated event. Took my like 2.5x payment and moved on, never looked back.

I saw a tweet last night (I think it was SkyHook DFS) who had his card up and it included Peter Kuest to win outright, top 10, and top 20. I had never heard of the guy, and here he is leading.

It's incredible to me in 2023 with the stats and technology we have to forecast the cut with pretty good probability that announcers are still out there using "current cut line" and MAYBE moving it one shot either way. They just said on Golf Channel when showing Reifers (who just moved to -4) that he's now at -4 which "should be" the cut line. Datagolf has the cut line at 81% -5 live and 17.6% -4. Earlier on ESPN they were talking about how the cut was at -3 and "might" move to -4 if the wind stays down.

It's been projected at a -5 for the bulk of the last two days and has barely wavered (ticked down slightly for a few holes yesterday to -4).

Last edited:
That -4 sticking around on DataGolf though! Got up to 91% for like an hour and now -4 back up to 25% as folks just...aren't making any putts lol.

Stats lose again !

(Course playing .8 of a shot harder the last hour than it had up to this point). It does, however help me potentially min cash a DFS I have with Wu and Morikawa which needed Sam Stevens to make the cut at -4.

-4 is T63 right now and T65 makes the cut. 5 guys on the course at -4 (all with a par 5 left) and two guys on the course at -5. Obviously if net 3 guys move to -5 then the cut moves to that.

See this is the kind of garbage I fall into when the course is awful and dudes are just throwing around birdies and eagles like they're going out of style.

I will say the leaderboard has compelling stories at least

Reifers already in with a 66 today to jump into T8 for the time being at -11. He should enter tomorrow top 25 or so. Solid couple of weeks here for him!

For a couple hours Reifers had the longest odds in the field for top 20 and top 40. Hope everyone dropped a few bones on him…

Pretty entertaining last few holes pending with Fowler Hadwin and Collin. On CBS sports.com until 1. Rain coming down now

Pretty entertaining last few holes pending with Fowler Hadwin and Collin. On CBS sports.com until 1. Rain coming down now

They could live stream it on rate limited twitter and still have an exponentially larger audience than the other event going on in Spain today.

Back