• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Nobody still on the course is within 3 shots of the lead for the British Masters. The guy winning finished like 75 minutes ago. This is painful

They’re interviewing the leader with “2023 Betfair British Masters winner” already on the chryon. For the love of god let us watch the Rocket Mortgage. Things I never thought I’d say

Nobody still on the course is within 3 shots of the lead for the British Masters. The guy winning finished like 75 minutes ago. This is painful
It's a tough course, and the wind was blowing. 8-10 is a great stretch of par 4s, and 18 is 1 of the better and tougher finishing holes in golf. It was still a good watch, and better viewing than watching -26 winning in Detroit. I'd like to see the RC go back to both the Belfry and Valderrama. Hillier has been playing well lately. He might be the next good Kiwi. And I hadn't realized Mark Wiebe had a son playing on the tour.

3 way playoff with Morikawa and Fowler involved and CBS gets this on tape delay. Currently no live tv for it - all on the website. Just comical

I don't dispute that. But he beat fewer people in 3 wins than a typical weekly winner of a tour event does.
Don’t dispute that either. But with his win Gooch won almost 3x what Fowler won and has now pocketed $14.7 mill for the year. Even Bryson in 2nd & Koepka in 3rd make more money than Fowler made by winning.
($2.25 & $1.5 mill)

Doesn’t matter how many people you beat when you are taking home $$$ like that
(we all know that is DR kind of money 😁)

Gotta give Brooks credit for making his participation in LIV contingent on the Saudis also taking Chase, who has held strong in the 47 position (out of 48) this season. Quality golf league right there.

Rickie!!!
Nice to see him get a W after all that time. But I thought Morikawa was playing better golf down the stretch. It was also cool to see Hadwin give him a big smile after he stiffed that iron shot on 18. It would be hard to find 3 nicer guys on tour than the 3 in that playoff.

Nice to see him get a W after all that time. But I thought Morikawa was playing better golf down the stretch. It was also cool to see Hadwin give him a big smile after he stiffed that iron shot on 18. It would be hard to find 3 nicer guys on tour than the 3 in that playoff.
I may be the only guy in America who turned on CBS around 4P and watched until the conclusion thinking I was seeing it live. But thankfully I had not opened this thread or other news feeds that would have informed me the whole thing was already in the books. I did comment to my wife when Rickie drained his putt at 5:58PM EST how unusual it was for a golf tournament to end that close to the scheduled air time; guess that should have been my clue.

Gotta give Brooks credit for making his participation in LIV contingent on the Saudis also taking Chase, who has held strong in the 47 position (out of 48) this season. Quality golf league right there.
Competition for the PGA, nothing wrong with that. Money for all golfers no matter which league, nothing wrong with that.
ABA started as competition to the NBA in 1967 and had Rick Barry, Dr J, George Gervin, Moses Malone, et al
USFL started in 1983 with Herschel Walker & Doug Flutie
AFL started in 1960 as a fierce competitor to the NFL (by Lamar Hunt). First draft took Billy Cannon from LSU, Heisman Trophy winner! Finally merged in 67-68 (ala LIV-PGA)

During today's Monday Qualifier at the John Deere Classic, teenager Aldrich Potgieter, holed out his tee shot on the 345 yard Par 4 17th...
the link

Alas, Aldrich missed qualifying by one shot. Kyle Reifers was entered in the qualfier, but withdrew. He's played a lot of golf over the last two weeks.

Turmoil within Smash GC definitely affecting their on-course performance

During today's Monday Qualifier at the John Deere Classic, teenager Aldrich Potgieter, holed out his tee shot on the 345 yard Par 4 17th...
the link

Alas, Aldrich missed qualifying by one shot. Kyle Reifers was entered in the qualfier, but withdrew. He's played a lot of golf over the last two weeks.
Just another nothingburger, right ?

Back