• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Cam Young is -3 through 3 today and tied for the lead early. He is a heavy live favorite relative to other golfers individually (+250, next closest is +900)

Interesting re line fav considering he is having a sub par year putting and is yet to win on Tour. Not a super strong leaderboard however. Hopefully he holds up over the weekend

This and Pebble are the reasons to spend your hours of golf watching this weekend at the US Open. It's nice to see the women get some great venues for their majors, instead of playing the Lancaster Country Clubs of the world.
Agree. Leaderboard looks like the Seoul Open but I will watch because of the course.

Cam Young has a 3 shot lead in the middle of the second round on the John Deere. He's come close, but is still looking for his first PGAT win. Love to see it happen

Agree. Leaderboard looks like the Seoul Open but I will watch because of the course.
I like the other Asian contingents, particularly the Thai contingent. But yeah, most of the Korean women only come over for a number of years, don't speak English and then go back, so it's hard to root for them. Seems the opposite of the Korean men who tend to come and stay. And those guys were the backbone of the PC team last year and are fun to watch and root for. I guess it's yet another case of it's just so much easier being a guy.

All that said, there are now 2 Americans out front. Corpuz is 1 of our better young golfers, though I don't know who Bailey Tardy is. And Lin and Yin are 2 really good Chinese golfers, who seem really nice. And Maguire is near the lead, though she's a Dukie so it's harder to root for her.

Bailey Tardy played at UGA. Coming into the US Open, she wasn't in the top 500 in the world.

She closed 1000-1. She’s made 4 total cuts on the LPGA.

And Cam’s putting has been bad but he’s still a top 20 player in the OWGR right now, up against a weak field, has a three shot lead, and is striking it very well as the third favorite entering the week. Currently +175 and 31% to win on datagolf. Gonna need to keep making birdies this weekend though.

This course is light years better than last week even if they’re both birdie fests

Cam needs to keep it going. He’s got a two shot lead entering the weekend and is +200 to win. 9 guys total within 3 shots of the lead

1688839314836.png

Interesting. Al-Rumayyan clearly wanted to avoid being deposed. Tour can't really say the prospect of endless litigation was a factor. It's a money grab and they are craven where's just like the ones who jumped to an exhibition tour in the first place.

Should be an excellent final round. Despite the similarities between the scores this week and last this is a far more enjoyable viewing experience. With guys able to go low should see a few scores get posted that the top few have to go get. Cam doubled 18 with a horrific second and is 3 back. Local Alex Smalley (Duke ew) a shot back with UVA denny McCarthy and then Adam schenk. All four of those looking for their first win with Todd trying to add to his resume.

McCarthy and Cam gotta be the best two right now on tour without a win. I’ve got pre tourney bets on cam McCarthy and schenk so I’m biased there but most outcomes should be fun.

Also Kuest trying to get two way tie for 4th or better (after falling just short last week) to secure temporary membership on the tour. He has no status at all so I’m pulling for him. Playing fantastic golf lately

Love it when a guy wins on the range an hour after he's done

Looked to be over with Straka in the fairway on 18, with a sprinkle of 59 excitement.
He chokes, setting the table for a great finish and likely playoff or come-from-behind win.
Both his pursuers choke, zero drama unfolds, tournament trudges to a snoozer ending. Yuck.

Back