• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

61 players tried to qualify for the Barbasol yesterday. 4 made it; Riefers shot -5 (67) and missed qualifying by a stroke.

61 players tried to qualify for the Barbasol yesterday. 4 made it; Riefers shot -5 (67) and missed qualifying by a stroke.

This happens every Monday. Four qualified (out of 97) for the John Deere Classic last week. Their scores were 62, 65, 65, and 65.

In other words, when Straka almost shot 59 on Sunday and wound up with a 62, the top Monday qualifier had already shot the same score. Monday qualifying is as tough as it gets on tour. You have to go low, really low.

This happens every Monday. Four qualified (out of 97) for the John Deere Classic last week. Their scores were 62, 65, 65, and 65.

In other words, when Straka almost shot 59 on Sunday and wound up with a 62, the top Monday qualifier had already shot the same score. Monday qualifying is as tough as it gets on tour. You have to go low, really low.
It is super tough. That said, they don't play the Monday qualifier on the same course as the main PGA event. So, comparing the scores isn't exactly the same.

Pilch, never seen the KY course. If I watch any p.m. golf this weekend, it'll probably be the ladies. Playing Sat a.m. but am psyched to watch the whole final round of the Scottish Sun a.m. These next 2 weeks are 2 of my favorites of the year.

Interesting thing also is that Patrick Reed Monday qualified many times to get on Tour. There aren't cameras or anything out there with the guys. Wonder how many times he cheated to get there.

My bets for the week (aka money we will never see again but will yell at the TV at 4:30 AM on a Thursday over):

To win:
Rory (boosted to ) 13-1
Xander 16-1
Hovland 18-1
Fowler 20-1

T10:
Alex Smalley +550

T20:
Corey Conners +210

T30:
Joost Luiten +360

T40:
Alexander Bjork +110

Normally find one longer shot to throw a couple bucks on and may still but didn't really find anything appealing. The issue with the stacked tourneys is how much value gets stripped out of otherwise interesting names. Clark at 30-1 is absolutely not interesting at me at all though as far as bets I saw that stood out one way or the other

Did you have anything on Clark to win the US Open last month? He went off at 75-1 there, right?
I did not. I was out of the country during the US Open but otherwise I would've fired off hundreds! (I would have not bet anything on him)

All my picks are toast minus Hatton, then again Xander came back from like 11 behind last year to win so who knows. Actually I dropped a chunk on the Jordan battle (Smith vs. Spieth) and that's looking good at the moment...

Looking like a proper Scottish Open now, periods of rain and wind, then sun, then cold... Every 30 minutes it's a different golf course. Good stuff.

To win:
Rory (boosted to ) 13-1 (+130 live)
Xander 16-1 (65-1 live)
Hovland 18-1 (70-1 live)
Fowler 20-1 (25-1 live)

T10:
Alex Smalley +550 (cruising to a missed cut)

T20:
Corey Conners +210 (+260 to T20 live)

T30:
Joost Luiten +360 (sitting at -2 right on the cut line with five holes left)

T40:
Alexander Bjork +110 (+360 to make the T20 live - with no T40 odds but he's gonna make the cut)

I doubt many people picked Ben An. He disappeared completely for a few years but has been on the occasional leader board this year.

Someone in our OAD league (@Teamramrod) inexplicably has him. He was definitely a guy I heard on DFS and gambling podcasts this week as having good analytics just putting poorly.

I have Lowry for the week there which has been fine so far.

Kudos to 51 year old Paddy Harrington hanging in there with the big dogs. Tied with Scheffler after 36 holes.

Kudos to 51 year old Paddy Harrington hanging in there with the big dogs. Tied with Scheffler after 36 holes.
I've always liked Harrington. Seems like a great guy and was always tinkering with his swing. For a while, he was doing that Happy Gilmore step through during live rounds. But he used to be a shortish hitter. Then in the last few years, he started chasing distance and is now driving it over 300 and is playing good golf on both tours. If I'm Donald, Paddy is on my radar, especially considering this isn't Europe's strongest roster.

Weather for tomorrow somehow moving the damn Scottish Open up tee time wise. Everybody off between 2 AM and 4:12 AM eastern time. Time to wake up early to watch Rory destroy souls I guess.

Yeah, if only they adjusted the TV schedule for a non-major to show things live....no golf channel coverage starting until 10am :(.

Yeah, if only they adjusted the TV schedule for a non-major to show things live....no golf channel coverage starting until 10am :(.
Can’t fathom a more archaic tv situation sports wise than what the PGA does. But don’t worry you can watch on tape delay on cbs soon. In the year 2023.

I just streamed it on the cbs sports app sweating Rory but absurd it wasn’t on actual tv live.

Tom Kim made a ton of clutch putts to keep it within a shot of Rory who had his own chances to stretch the lead out from the pack but failed to do so. Really nervous final few holes.

With the wind way up tomorrow and some storms again projected it’ll be interesting to see if tee times are moved up for the second straight day.

Back