• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Guessing they don't wanna flirt with a Monday ending with the British Open next week? Gusts up to 40-45 mph though which I wouldn't think would be a risk to suspend play. So...no idea

They've shot some pretty low scores so far, and there are a ton of guys near the lead. With winds 20-30 mph consistently, that's going to give a lot of guys a good chance to win. And it's going to hurt Rory. For a guy from Northern Ireland, he's a really bad wind player. I'm looking forward to some carnage.

They've shot some pretty low scores so far, and there are a ton of guys near the lead. With winds 20-30 mph consistently, that's going to give a lot of guys a good chance to win. And it's going to hurt Rory. For a guy from Northern Ireland, he's a really bad wind player. I'm looking forward to some carnage.
Is he? I don't see any statistics breaking down wind play or anything but Rory is largely regarded to be one of the best wind players on tour and one of the better wind players in the last few decades. He's always a name that comes up as projected to be in the mix when wind is projected by quant guys, gamblers, and just golf insiders.

So how does that translate for when the leaders will tee off EST? I won't be able to watch live, so want to make sure my DVR catches the last hour or so; also, want to know roughly what time the thing should ends so I can be sure to watch the ending before looking at any sports news feeds that would spoil the ending for me.
Also, count me in as someone who is looking forward to the final round of the Barbasol, as long as it's a competitive finish. I'm all about an early evening finish on a Sunday; great way to wind things down on a weekend.

Rory tees off just before 4 AM. There won't be any live coverage on your DVR to record because it'll be on cbs sports app/website so CBS can show it on tape delay in their "normal" broadcast window which I think is like 11-2 or something ridiculous.

They should finish up around 8:45 to 9 AM EST I'd think.

Tape-delayed coverage on Golf Channel from 10am-noon, then CBS from noon-3pm tomorrow, just like today.

I used the cbs sports app on my phone and chromecast it to the tv this morning which worked perfectly until the end of the broadcast

Course average is +1.75 right now and Bobby Mac is -6 through 15. Best round by 3 shots currently. It would be cool to see a Scot win the Scottish Open. Hasn’t happened since Montgomerie did it in 1999.

Back