• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

JT has to be injured. His shot link speed numbers have been down all year.

I wonder if the back issue he had at least for a bit last year is still present or if he's just tentative because of it? He's said repeatedly there's no injury but I agree with you.

What's our O/U for Lamprecht with an entire day and a half to sit around and think about his 66? I don't think he totally ejects but I'd be incredibly impressed if he breaks par again (much less 66 lol)

I wonder if the back issue he had at least for a bit last year is still present or if he's just tentative because of it? He's said repeatedly there's no injury but I agree with you.

What's our O/U for Lamprecht with an entire day and a half to sit around and think about his 66? I don't think he totally ejects but I'd be incredibly impressed if he breaks par again (much less 66 lol)
Par is 71. If the over/under for his round 2 was 72.5, I would dive on the over. He's very talented, but this is unchartered territory for him. Also, the weather is supposed to be a little tougher tomorrow (18 to 23 mph gusts in the afternoon). If I could get some strong + odds, I might even consider taking Lampbrecht to miss the cut.

Brian Harmon is an under the radar guy, but he is a heck of a player and I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang in there until the end Sunday.

Neither would Vegas. He’s +190 live to win.

Decent odds he’s got a 3+ shot lead going into the weekend. Fleetwood five back the best bet to close that gap. Course also playing more difficult again today as the day goes on

Par is 71. If the over/under for his round 2 was 72.5, I would dive on the over. He's very talented, but this is unchartered territory for him. Also, the weather is supposed to be a little tougher tomorrow (18 to 23 mph gusts in the afternoon). If I could get some strong + odds, I might even consider taking Lampbrecht to miss the cut.
4 holes in and he's imploding. This is looking like the right call.

Neither would Vegas. He’s +190 live to win.

Decent odds he’s got a 3+ shot lead going into the weekend. Fleetwood five back the best bet to close that gap. Course also playing more difficult again today as the day goes on
He's a Bulldog type guy too, somebody might beat him, but not likely to blow it.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple guys from the cantlay brooks hideki pairing going off in the next half hour toss down 66 or 67. Along with Scottie those are the guys I’d look to make some kind of move today to try and keep touch with Harman outside of Tommy

Alex Fitzpatrick in at +2 and safely into the weekend. Good stuff from him today with a 70.

Live odds are 47% +3 cut and 45% +4 cut

Hatton goes into 18 at -2 and is flirting with the cut line now. Absolute disaster of a hole.

Going to be fascinating to see how Harman handles this.

He's going to have a big lead heading into Saturday. Right now, Harman leads Tommy Fleetwood by 6 (still on the course) and everyone else by 7 or more. Rory is the closest "favorite" to Harman, and he is 9 shots back. Scheffler and Rahm are 13 shots back. So, the closest pursuers aren't super intimidating. That said, Fleetwood is a local fave; so, the crowd will be trying to nudge Tommy to his first major win.

Harman is no Christo Lamprecht (shot 79 today, but will will make the cut right on the number). Harman has been around a long time, he's 36, and has won a couple of PGA events. That said, he hasn't won a PGA event in six years, and he's rarely contended in a major. This is Harman's 31st major tournament. He has one T2 and one T6. Those are his only top 10s. The T2 was the 2017 US Open in Wisconsin. Harman led after 54 holes, but Koepka dusted him (and everyone else) in the 4th round to win by 4 shots (BTW, Tommy Fleetwood was in contention for that tournament too).

Always interesting to see how pressure impacts people. Winning a major would be a life long dream for Harman, and now he will sleep on a massive lead. Harman has always excelled in grinding out top 10 finishes in run of the mill PGA events. Now he has to grind out 36 holes with an entirely different kind of pressure and scrutiny. Rooting for him.

FWIW, Cam Young is playing great in tough conditions.

Last edited:
Going to be fascinating to see how Harman handles this.

He's going to have a big lead heading into Saturday. Right now, Harman leads Tommy Fleetwood by 5 (still on the course) and everyone else by 7 or more. Rory is the closest "favorite" to Harman, and he is 9 shots back. Schefller and Rahm are 13 shots back. So, the closest pursuers aren't super intimidating. That said, Fleetwood is a local fave; so, the crowd will be trying to nudge Tommy to his first major win.

Harman is no Christo Lamprecht (shot 79 today, but will will make the cut right on the number). Harman has been around a long time, he's 36, and has won a couple of PGA events. That said, he hasn't won a PGA event in six years, and he's rarely contended in a major. This is Harman's 31st major tournament. He has one T2 and one T6. Those are his only top 10s. The T2 was the 2017 US Open in Wisconsin. Harman led after 54 holes, but Koepka dusted him (and everyone else) in the 4th round to win by 4 shots (BTW, Tommy Fleetwood was in contention for that tournament too).

Always interesting to see how pressure impacts people. Winning a major would be a life long dream for Harman, and now he will sleep on a massive lead. Harman has always excelled in grinding out top 10 finishes in run of the mill PGA events. Now he has to grind out 36 holes with an entirely different kind of pressure and scrutiny. Rooting for him.
Yeah it's going to be interesting. If nobody can get to -5, he's only the third golfer in the history of the Open to hold a 6+ shot lead after 36 holes.

Rain and wind should be increased the next couple days only adding another element but with his accuracy as a strength I think he's better equipped than a lot to handle that, even if it adds another variance aspect.

He's just under 50% datagolf to win and is +140 after that Fleetwood bogey. If nobody gets within 5 shots Harman will be favored against the field with the entire weekend left which is absolutely crazy.

Back