• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

These Ryder Cup captain's picks are going to be real spicy when they drop and JT is on the squad over someone like Cam, Keegan, Burns, or Glover.
I love JT, but he has no business being on the team with his play this year. He didn't have to do much this year to solidify his spot on the team after the PGA win in 2022, but he really didn't do anything this year. I have to think real long and hard about Glover, his ball striking makes him a great partner in alternate shot.

These Ryder Cup captain's picks are going to be real spicy when they drop and JT is on the squad over someone like Cam, Keegan, Burns, or Glover.
Morikawa, Speith, Koepka, Burns, Thomas & Fowler.

The Solheim Cup picks were pretty easy - Yin, Knight and Ewing. Rose automatically qualified.

I can't believe Zach chose JT. That's the worst captain's pick ever - even worse than Webb that year he begged to be on. I get the Burns pick as the pairing with Scotty. But both of them over Cam really burns me. A big part of me wants this team to fail now.

JT seems like a good guy, but he didn't even make the first cut of the Fed Ex playoffs. Sports is/should be a meritocracy, and JT just hasn't been good enough. Makes U.S. golf look like an old boys club.

Cam can’t putt
I definitely get the putting criticism and it's obviously backed up by the numbers. If I was putting together a team in this format Cam is a dude who would be a lethal alternate shot partner and a solid four-ball partner. 3rd longest off the tee on tour and top-10 in SGs off the tee and all approach categories from 125-200 yds.

Cam paired with someone like Harman in alternate shot would be insane and in four-ball you can let him cook on the driveable par 4s on this course.

JT pick makes sense to me. He's been part of this so called ryder cup renaissance. He's a leader of the team, he has great potential. He's been bad this year but it's a month out, he can find it. I've certainly found a golf game in less time and he's a hell of a lot better than me.

Also get the arguments for sure that he shouldn't be on it. But I don't think it's anywhere close to worst pick ever. Phil in France, now thats in contention.

I'm obviously biased though
Well, me too but his 2nd year performance just hurt him down the stretch I guess. Plus watching him putt is woeful compared to others. Kept him from winning.

JT seems like a good guy, but he didn't even make the first cut of the Fed Ex playoffs. Sports is/should be a meritocracy, and JT just hasn't been good enough. Makes U.S. golf look like an old boys club.
Yeah I am a big JT fan and I don't think he should have made the team. I don't have any issues with the other picks.

Well, me too but his 2nd year performance just hurt him down the stretch I guess. Plus watching him putt is woeful compared to others. Kept him from winning.
And from automatically qualifying for the RC squad

JT's results since the beginning of June:

6/4 Memorial - CUT
6/18 US Open - CUT
6/25 Travelers - T9
7/2 Rocket Mortgage - CUT
7/16 Scottish Open T60
7/23 Open Championship - CUT
7/30 3M Open - CUT
8/6 Wyndham Open - T12

How badly would JT have to play to not make a team made up of the 12 best U.S. golfers?

JT pick makes sense to me. He's been part of this so called ryder cup renaissance. He's a leader of the team, he has great potential. He's been bad this year but it's a month out, he can find it. I've certainly found a golf game in less time and he's a hell of a lot better than me.

Also get the arguments for sure that he shouldn't be on it. But I don't think it's anywhere close to worst pick ever. Phil in France, now thats in contention.
Yeah, but it shouldn't be about "can he find his game in a month." Kevin Kisner is as tough a match play player out there, he's been awful this year, but yeah he might could find his game in a month too, I doubt it though? JT has had all year to find his game and he wouldn't even had to have found much of it this year to be a no-brainer pick off the strength of his 2022 PGA win. The big push for JT was he is a "name" and all that matters is what makes for the best TV and not who is more deserving if they have a lesser name. None of that is a personal shot at JT, a JT that is playing well and having a normal JT type season would only make this team stronger, that isn't the case and he should be sitting this one out, IMHO.

JT's results since the beginning of June:

6/4 Memorial - CUT
6/18 US Open - CUT
6/25 Travelers - T9
7/2 Rocket Mortgage - CUT
7/16 Scottish Open T60
7/23 Open Championship - CUT
7/30 3M Open - CUT
8/6 Wyndham Open - T12

How badly would JT have to play to not make a team made up of the 12 best U.S. golfers?
Vs. a guy like Glover who won 2 weeks in a row, winning the Wyndham to even make it in the playoffs and then winning the first playoff event with the biggest field. Yeah I know he cooled off the last 2 tournaments, but I'm sure he was worn out.

Back