• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Vs. a guy like Glover who won 2 weeks in a row, winning the Wyndham to even make it in the playoffs and then winning the first playoff event with the biggest field. Yeah I know he cooled off the last 2 tournaments, but I'm sure he was worn out.
Yeah if you're going to take a flyer on someone at least play the hot hand.

I guess Zach looked way more at recent Major performance than LIV standings.

Koepka is behind Reed & significantly behind Gooch on that tour.

Honestly, I don't love the Burns pick. I guess he won the match-play this year, but he didn't win a match in 5 chances at the 2022 presidents cup, and has never finished better than 20th in a major.

I think I would have preferred Gooch over him.

JT is going to grind, and impress us I bet. This will mean a lot to him.

I guess Zach looked way more at recent Major performance than LIV standings.

Koepka is behind Reed & significantly behind Gooch on that tour.

Honestly, I don't love the Burns pick. I guess he won the match-play this year, but he didn't win a match in 5 chances at the 2022 presidents cup, and has never finished better than 20th in a major.

I think I would have preferred Gooch over him.

JT is going to grind, and impress us I bet. This will mean a lot to him.
People gave Koepka shit for his "only caring about majors" line, but there's enough data to back it up as truth. This, coupled with whatever is going on in LIV, more points towards what would be the norm for him (i.e., not giving a shit about random LIV events and cycling/turning it on for the big ones). If we're gonna give JT the benefit of the doubt in saying he's gonna grind in this thing, then Brooks has more than earned the same imo.

The Solheim Cup picks were pretty easy - Yin, Knight and Ewing. Rose automatically qualified.

I can't believe Zach chose JT. That's the worst captain's pick ever - even worse than Webb that year he begged to be on. I get the Burns pick as the pairing with Scotty. But both of them over Cam really burns me. A big part of me wants this team to fail now.
Because Cam Young, who has struggled all year with the putter, wasn't picked?

Wait. It's OK to leave off Cam Young because he struggled with the putter this year, but it's OK to select Justin Thomas, who struggled with the putter (147th in total putting), and every other part of his game too?

The Solheim Cup picks were pretty easy - Yin, Knight and Ewing. Rose automatically qualified.

I can't believe Zach chose JT. That's the worst captain's pick ever - even worse than Webb that year he begged to be on. I get the Burns pick as the pairing with Scotty. But both of them over Cam really burns me. A big part of me wants this team to fail now.
We're team Europe now. Can't wait to pull for OUR NATIVE SON Viktor in a few weeks. Ole Ole Ole

Wait. It's OK to leave off Cam Young because he struggled with the putter this year, but it's OK to select Justin Thomas, who struggled with the putter (147th in total putting), and every other part of his game too?
JT has an extensive and successful RC track record. Young doesn't. Personally I would not have picked JT.

JT has an extensive and successful RC track record. Young doesn't. Personally I would not have picked JT.
I got no problem with Cam being left off, dude has got to show he can win at some point, but Cam should've been joined by JT on the couch though.

Was out at East Lake yesterday - it was hotter than hell and it’s supposed to be even hotter today and tomorrow. Followed Morikawa on the front 9, happened to be walking down 14 at the right time and stopped for Straka’s shot that he holed out for eagle. The guy standing next to me there was wearing a UGA polo and tan Wake hat with the Arnie umbrella (I was wearing the same Wake hat in black). First thought that crossed my mind was - is this @Biff Ochocinco Tannen ? Snagged a shady seat in the thankfully covered grandstands at 15 and watched most of the pairs come through, ending with Scottie’s implosion up close and personal.

Saturday was miserably hot. I was there with my dad who bought tickets months ago. Otherwise I would have bailed when I stepped outside that morning.

I hate LIV and I hate myself for this, but Koepka has grown on me this year for some reason. I think it was the PGA Tour documentary and how he showed his struggles and owned up to it. And the way he handled himself winning the PGA again. Damn that was impressive.
Same here, I think I can understand his reasons for going given some uncertainty he was going through. I think if he hadn't had the injury he'd still be on the PGA tour, competing against the best is what gets his juices going, see the majors.

Koepka doesn't seem to like LIV much either. He doesn't wear his LIV team outfit in majors and unlike some other LIV players he does nothing to promote that tour. Kopeka took the money because he was injured and was concerned that he wouldn't play at a top level again. He knows the tour is a joke, and he plays half-ass in the LIV events.

This. Part of the reason the Euros have been so successful is that they consider teams, relationships, past performance, and leadership on their Ryder Cup teams. They pick guys like Poulter who then light up highly ranked Americans. Plus, the whole point of having captains picks is to not simply pick the next 6 guys in order. You think Spieth wasn't lobbying for JT to partner with him like crazy? Young and JT have 3 top 20's in their last 10 tourneys, predicting who will play "up" for a week is virtually impossible. Predicting who will be more valuable on a Ryder Cup has precedent. I think Zach did a really good job with the picks. Glover was a sucker take, I'd have taken Kegan over Burns but agree that it was probably due to Scottie's influence, which he earned.

Back