• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Carl Pettersson? Long putter and loose shirts due to the fatness...

My first guess as well.

Moving quickly to place the ball made me question it a little bit, but maybe he can't bend over too long due to the aforementioned fatness

I have seen some pretty questionable putts from Bernard Langer, but i guess he is not on Tour anymore.

You know, I'm not sure the anchoring ban has made one bit of difference to the guys that have stuck with the long putters. You look at Langer, Petterson, Scott McCarron, etc. and it's impossible to tell whether they're anchoring or not. It's pretty much a deal where you have to take these guys word for it they're not anchoring because from what I understand the rule allows for the top hand to touch the shirt or even brush the chest and it not be considering "anchoring." What they should've done is said there must be visible space between the top hand and your body.

Kip Henley (PGA Tour caddie) won't say exactly but does say it's a guy who isn't long for the tour anymore. So either a journeyman who is winding down or a young guy who sucks and won't last.

You know, I'm not sure the anchoring ban has made one bit of difference to the guys that have stuck with the long putters. You look at Langer, Petterson, Scott McCarron, etc. and it's impossible to tell whether they're anchoring or not. It's pretty much a deal where you have to take these guys word for it they're not anchoring because from what I understand the rule allows for the top hand to touch the shirt or even brush the chest and it not be considering "anchoring." What they should've done is said there must be visible space between the top hand and your body.

@slenderman
hagestad3.jpg

Also this... Not sure if it's actually a thing, but yeah

Also this... Not sure if it's actually a thing, but yeah

Golfwrx was all over this. It's Mayfair and a bunch of pros also have made comments on twitter about Mayfair's ball marking tendencies.

Back