• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

index.php

Can't believe Day missed that putt. Didn't really even hit the hole.

Definitely not a fan of the FL courses. Huge fan of the CA courses. But also not much of a fan of the Dallas and FW courses they play these 2 weeks. San Antonio and the CC of Austin are way more visually interesting. What made yesterday was having Day and Horschel going down to the wire. Was happy for Horschel. He hadn't won in a while and has been fairly silent since winning the Fed Ex Cup. Found it interesting to see how much he appeared to be joking around with Day on a Sunday. Really seems to have undergone a pretty big personality change since his 1st year on tour when he was quite a hothead. Would like to see him make a Presidents or Ryder Cup squad.

Was going back in forth late yesterday afternoon between that and Williamsburg where it was cool to watch Lexi lap the field and not get a 4 stroke penalty. Also cool how she skydived in on the 1st tee for the pro-am on Wed.

Best I can tell Billy is really good front runner. If he's playing well his crappy attitude stays in check, but if he doesn't have it going watch out. The lecture he gave to the patrons around 17 at TPC last week was cringeworthy. Of course that was during the second round on his way to a 76. Just don't care for the guy personally. Good weekend for him though, played really well.

Agree 100% on the Texas courses other than Austin CC. They don't move the needle for me.

I haven't seen video of Horschel with the fans in Ponte Vedra, where he lives, but saying "Noonan !" or making noise while a player is putting deserves to be called out. Drunk fans get away all kinds of crap at PGA events and marshals rarely do anything about it.

Definitely not a fan of the FL courses. Huge fan of the CA courses. But also not much of a fan of the Dallas and FW courses they play these 2 weeks. San Antonio and the CC of Austin are way more visually interesting. What made yesterday was having Day and Horschel going down to the wire. Was happy for Horschel. He hadn't won in a while and has been fairly silent since winning the Fed Ex Cup. Found it interesting to see how much he appeared to be joking around with Day on a Sunday. Really seems to have undergone a pretty big personality change since his 1st year on tour when he was quite a hothead. Would like to see him make a Presidents or Ryder Cup squad.

Was going back in forth late yesterday afternoon between that and Williamsburg where it was cool to watch Lexi lap the field and not get a 4 stroke penalty. Also cool how she skydived in on the 1st tee for the pro-am on Wed.

Colonial is a beautiful course in person, but I'm not sure how well that comes through on the broadcast. Trinity Forest will be a huge improvement for the Byron Nelson next year and will be like nothing else on the PGA calendar. The best thing the TPC had going for it was the players' wives liked the Four Seasons. The course itself is a bit generic.

Colonial is a beautiful course in person, but I'm not sure how well that comes through on the broadcast. Trinity Forest will be a huge improvement for the Byron Nelson next year and will be like nothing else on the PGA calendar. The best thing the TPC had going for it was the players' wives liked the Four Seasons. The course itself is a bit generic.

Trinity Forest should be interesting golf. Going to be brutal on spectators if it's as hot and humid as usual this time of year.

Trinity Forest should be interesting golf. Going to be brutal on spectators if it's as hot and humid as usual this time of year.

The tournament director has said they'll have plenty of shade from temporary structures; it'll be interesting to see if they can pull it off. I also wonder where they're going to park all the cars down there.

I saw some drunk preppy looking fellas really giving Kevin stadler a hard time during a QH round one time. He went up to the marshal and said they should be tossed, after exchanging some words with them. P sure the marshal did nothing. Was that you harassing stadler, biff?!

Webb is having a strong tournament. Needs to sustain this margin through to the end of round 3. Currently up by 3.

I know I'm a Wake fatalist, but hoping Webb's last putt today doesn't end up being the margin of defeat for tomorrow.

This is the best I have seen Webb play in a long time, especially with the putter. But making a couple coming home would have made things more comfortable tomorrow. Nonetheless, he did not throw away any strokes at the end of his round...which he has sometimes done.

Webb said lots of similarities on this course as to when he won the major so he has a good chance. His relaxed approach and playing just selected events with golf a much lower priority than his true calling almost gives him an unfair advantage over the other guys that live and die for this stuff.

Lots of guys on this board wouldn't mind seeing him pull it off this week.

Webb said when he played the Byron Nelson here a few years ago he never did well and decided to just stay out of Texas. He's playing Colonial for the second year in a row and was in contention last year as well. I was out there on Friday and the heat index was 100+ as it was yesterday. Impressed with how Webb (and Bill Haas) have handled it. Today will be more reasonable. Pulling for Webb to have another strong day while paired with Paul Casey.

What's Webb focusing on if not golf? (Don't pay attention). I imagine his career earnings let him do whatever he wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As celebrity mugshots go, on a scale of Paris Hilton to Nick Nolte, I'm grading Tiger's as a solid Michael Phelps.

Back