• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I had no idea about the plight of PGA players until reading this thread. Is there a fund I can donate to that supports these unfortunate individuals?

Tringale is 53rd in the world rankings. No one is pretending he is anything but.

But, you know, you said LIV wouldn't have top 50 players. And now they have, what, half of them? Every time one goes it aint good.

Nobody said they wouldn't get top players. They literally started this venture with DJ jumping ship.

People have correctly said that the exhibition tour players will drop like a rock in the OWGR.

Of course they will if they don't give them OWGR points.

That's like saying Alabama won't win the ACC this season. So what. The ACC doesn't let them win their championship.

The reality is that you and so many others dismissed LIV as a nonstarter. It was a massive mistake "punishing" them. Poor folks can't punish rich folks.

The question I have about OWGR now, though, is what is going to happen with this pga tour super league? It’s pretty much a similar set-up. Small field and no cut. I’m sure those events will get points.

The question I have about OWGR now, though, is what is going to happen with this pga tour super league? It’s pretty much a similar set-up. Small field and no cut. I’m sure those events will get points.

That's actually a very fair question.

Anytime I see DR post about how he said something and he proved everyone wrong, I think about how at the time he loved the hiring of Elrod as play by play and disbelieved everything that came out about him, then proceeded to act like he held the exact opposite viewpoints and claimed people vilified him for it.

Of course they will if they don't give them OWGR points.

That's like saying Alabama won't win the ACC this season. So what. The ACC doesn't let them win their championship.

The reality is that you and so many others dismissed LIV as a nonstarter. It was a massive mistake "punishing" them. Poor folks can't punish rich folks.

Massive mistake? Their members are going to get considerably more money and more time in high profile events while those who defected will live on the fringe of golf relevance. Seems like they ended up just fine in the end, in spite of your incessant claims that going up against "rich folks" is such a losing proposition.

"those who defected will live on the fringe of golf relevance"

That won't age well. LIV players will probably win 30-60% of majors the next 5 years.

What's so great about sports, like business, is we get to add them up and see who was right.

Cam Young staying. Sorry to the LIV fans among us.

If I had to guess they'll be handled similarly to events like the BMW and Tour Championship. There's still a criteria for playing your way into these events so there is a sort of "cut".

Congrats to Rory on the FedEx Championship - but thoughts and prayers for his future grandchildren, who will likely end up working minimum wage jobs in Belfast in 30-40 years.

Congrats to Rory on the FedEx Championship - but thoughts and prayers for his future grandchildren, who will likely end up working minimum wage jobs in Belfast in 30-40 years.

I mean he is Irish and catholic...

Poor Mrs. Rory has another trophy to stare at while thinking longingly about how good Mrs. Pat Perez has it.

Tringale is 53rd in the world rankings. No one is pretending he is anything but.

But, you know, you said LIV wouldn't have top 50 players. And now they have, what, half of them? Every time one goes it aint good.

dude - no way they have half of the top 50

Poor Mrs. Rory has another trophy to stare at while thinking longingly about how good Mrs. Pat Perez has it.

lol

GettyImages-1405730542.jpg

Back