• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

C’mon Windy, it’s the real world. The PGA knew they were in trouble; losing sponsors, venues and cash.
Did u expect them to take a roll call vote? Sure it’s lousy that players stayed “loyal”. Happens every day in the real world. Labor takes it in the shorts. Life goes on.

Of course I didn’t expect them to take a vote. Did I expect them to let members on tour know other than finding out on Twitter ? Hell yes. That’s just being decent.

I hear ya; but again. It’s about the Benjamin’s, all about the Benjamin’s. No discussion would of changed that. And Monaghan head will roll; make no doubt of that, All a matter of time. You fold and yield control? Bad form indeed.

Last edited:
I hear ya; but again. It’s about the Benjamin’s, all about the Benjamin’s. No discussion would of changed that.

It’s not about a discussion. They sent the letter to tour pros AFTER they announced it publicly. That’s some shit.

I’ve been in corporate America for 25 years. You tell your people they’re fired before they hear about from the guy in the next cube. Surely you can’t think they handled the communication properly

You are making it sound like the players are out on the street. Everybody will make money in the long run. Some just made their’s upfront. I led a a major career transition division for 20 years. So I know all about what you speak. In this case, I would of advised this was the best way to roll out.

Last edited:
Where did I even mention the money? How can you be so obtuse?

Read the last posts. I’m saying they were treated like crap with the way the communication went down?

And I’m agreeing with you that it may have not been “decent”. But with a membership as large as the PGA,, what you would of like to have seen, not practical.

C’mon Windy, it’s the real world. The PGA knew they were in trouble; losing sponsors, venues and cash.
Did u expect them to take a roll call vote? Sure it’s lousy that players stayed “loyal” and lost. Happens every day in the real world. Labor takes it in the shorts. Life goes on.
Labor? We aren't talking about a bunch of hourly warehouse workers here...and the PGA TOUR is nothing like the real world. Apples and oranges.

Jimmy Dunn helped broker this deal; without him it doesn’t get done. He’s revered in the game but also a power Wall Street guy. At some point someone likely said the only thing certain in the next 5 years is lawyers making a lot of money. The way this happened is a little sketchy but it was headed this way and likely the end game the Saudis wanted.

It's all about the money, all of the time.

Bunch of rich folks doing other rich folks dirty becomes the topic of conversation for other rich folk at their private, exclusive, expensive country clubs.

All to keep a tax exempt status for one of the organizations involved and to accept a cash infusion from an organization of wealthy folks that are trying to look good to the world despite being the country of origin of the folks responsible for 9/11 and other atrocities.

Got that about right?

Don’t watch the NBA either 😂 speaking of murderous regimes . NBA in bed with China for years—ask Rockets GM Daryl Morey
Well, I really was talking about Wake Forest basketball but I see your point. That said, nothing the other sports have done compares to this.

It’s crazy to me that the stars seemingly didn’t know this was going down. I predict this goes down in flames

Yeah. This isn't appeasing a foreign government to get into their market. Sports leagues, Hollywood, all kinds of businesses do that. That's another discussion for another thread. They're not trying to get on Saudi TVs.

This is a sports league merging with a foreign government entity and putting installing a foreign government agent to run the league with government funding backing.

It’s crazy to me that the stars seemingly didn’t know this was going down. I predict this goes down in flames
We'll see how much the money matters. Some Saudi make good money may do the job.

Now we know why MBS transferred all those Aramco shares to the PIF last month. Tour should do an event in Corpus Christi under the light of the flare stacks.

Curious if FedEx remains involved as primary sponsor. If not, get ready for the Aramco Cup.

Back