• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Scottie is having a generational year ballstriking. He was great last year, but has been otherworldly this year.

Morikawa has jumped from 24th to 3rd. He's currently two strokes better than everyone else in the field. Frustrating as I have been on him for weeks, and feel like he's been close to breaking out. Morikawa blew a big lead to open the season in Hawaii, and really hasn't done jack since.

So much for the notion that giving strokes takes the suspense and competition out of the Players Championship....

Scheffler has dropped to 4th (he tripled #15), but just one stroke behind Morikawa, Keegan Bradley and Hovland. Going into the tournament, seemed like every golf pundit claimed that only given the stroke lead, only Scheffler, McElory, Hovland and Rahm could win. Right now, there are 7 players (including Adam Schenk) within two shots of the lead, and 13 players within 4 shots of the lead.

Scottie has lost 3 strokes putting to the field through 17 holes. Dead last in the field putting. Missed 5 putts inside 10 feet so far plus a 3 footer. I mean...come on dude. Almost full blown yips at this point.

Was out at East Lake yesterday - it was hotter than hell and it’s supposed to be even hotter today and tomorrow. Followed Morikawa on the front 9, happened to be walking down 14 at the right time and stopped for Straka’s shot that he holed out for eagle. The guy standing next to me there was wearing a UGA polo and tan Wake hat with the Arnie umbrella (I was wearing the same Wake hat in black). First thought that crossed my mind was - is this @Biff Ochocinco Tannen ? Snagged a shady seat in the thankfully covered grandstands at 15 and watched most of the pairs come through, ending with Scottie’s implosion up close and personal.

Tour Championship leaderboard at the halfway point:

T1. Hovland -16
T1. Morikawa -16
3. Scheffler -14
4. Bradley -13
T5. Schauffele -12
T5, Rahm -12
7. Rory -10

Leaderboard without the strokes boost:

1. Morikawa -15
2. Bradley -10
T3. Hatton -9
T3. Schauffele -9
T5. Hovland -8
T5. Burns -8
7. Schenk -7

I couldn't be happier for Hovland as this year's champ, but god damn that was a rough weekend of golf watching. Did the broadcast have some motion-tracking issues from the CBS cameras or is that just my TV becoming inferior?

On 17 green, Paul Goydos held 1 shot lead at the Champions Tour event this week. Then, he 5 putted, including 4 putting from three feet.

Last edited:
On 17 green, Paul Goydos held 1 shot lead at the Champions Tour event this week. Then, he 5 putted, including 4 putting from three feet.

Very talented player that could've won a lot more if he wasn't such a head case.

I couldn't be happier for Hovland as this year's champ, but god damn that was a rough weekend of golf watching. Did the broadcast have some motion-tracking issues from the CBS cameras or is that just my TV becoming inferior?
Had same issues. Wasn't sure if it was a streaming issue or what.

These Ryder Cup captain's picks are going to be real spicy when they drop and JT is on the squad over someone like Cam, Keegan, Burns, or Glover.

Back