• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

After watching the Walker Cup I kinda wish they'd give the last spot to the most outstanding Walker Cupper... I mean, I'm not wild about Glover and his abusive wife showing up but I kinda like Gordon Sargent over JT right now...

Watched a little of the Cincy tourney last night. Kupcho had a decent round. She might not be that marketable, but every Thu-Fri I see her she's in 1 of the featured groups. She was paired with Corpuz and Ewing for a little Solheim Cup preview. I wonder if we see her paired with Corpuz during the SC - would seem to be an obvious pairing.

Watched a couple of hours of Wentworth this a.m. - like that course. Rory wasn't in great form, and neither was his putter. He and Rahm haven't looked that great lately, so Scheffler has some company as some of the top players aren't coming into the RC in great form. Aberg was -4 with a double on the tricky par 5 17th. I think Aberg and Hovland are going to be the most dangerous Euros in 2 weeks.

Realize that it's essentially a minor league event with many big stars playing at the BMW Championship in England (and Lord Football rules September weekends), but interesting leaderboard at the Fortinet.

Sahith, looking for his first PGA Tour win, leads:

In his Ryder Cup prep event, JT is in the hunt:

Also, Cam Davis and Eric Cole are lurking.

Realize that it's essentially a minor league event with many big stars playing at the BMW Championship in England (and Lord Football rules September weekends), but interesting leaderboard at the Fortinet.

Sahith, looking for his first PGA Tour win, leads:

In his Ryder Cup prep event, JT is in the hunt:

Also, Cam Davis and Eric Cole are lurking.

Pilch, the odd thing is none of the American RCers are playing Wentworth, just the usual American DP tour suspects. And only ones I saw last night in the Fortinet were Homa (who always plays in CA) and JT. I would have thought most would have been playing this week as a tune up. And yeah, rooting for Sahith and Meronk this weekend. Meronk is 1 off the lead, and Hojgaard is barely making the cut. I'm rooting for Hojgaard and JT to go ofer at the RC.

Was very happy for Sahith, that kid has a really bright future I think.
Yeah, I really like him. He was probably Cam's closest competitor for ROY last year. They showed a cute pic last night of him and Corpuz as junior golfers of the year in 2004 or something. I've also been following Fox and Min Wu the last few years on the DP, and they've upped their games and have started playing more PGA events in the last year or 2.

SC this week. Go Jen.

Yeah, I really like him. He was probably Cam's closest competitor for ROY last year. They showed a cute pic last night of him and Corpuz as junior golfers of the year in 2004 or something. I've also been following Fox and Min Wu the last few years on the DP, and they've upped their games and have started playing more PGA events in the last year or 2.

SC this week. Go Jen.

Min Woo is legit.

Min Woo is legit.
So is Fox. His current ranking is a bit higher than Min Wu's. He was just a bit older before he leapt up into the top 50 over the last couple of seasons. And they both come across as Aussi/Kiwi nice guys.

Team US with the clean sweep of Europe this a.m. Jen didn't play but is playing with Corpuz in 4 balls in a little while. Screw Suzanne Petterson. And southern Spain doesn't suck. The RC needs to go back to Valderrama.

Flyover of Marco Simone if you're interested. They could make it so 3 of the par 4s are driveable. It'll be interesting for close matches down the stretch. 16 will have birdies and doubles - I think the best way to play it is be safe and hit it 200 yards off the tee. A ton of guys were going for it and hit it in the water in the Italian Open. 17 is the toughest par 3, and 18 is a reachable par 5.

Day One: Friday Foursomes​

MATCHTEE TIMESEUROPEUSA
107:35Jon Rahm / Tyrrell HattonScottie Scheffler / Sam Burns
207:50Viktor Hovland / Ludvig ÅbergMax Homa / Brian Harman
308:05Shane Lowry / Sepp StrakaRickie Fowler / Collin Morikawa
408:20Rory McIlroy / Tommy FleetwoodXander Schauffele / Patrick Cantlay

Not playing in the Friday Foursomes

U.S.:

Wyndham Clark
Bryce Kopeka
Jordan Speith
Justin Thomas