• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

So, who will be paired with Koepka? Clark? Got to think that Speith will play with JT.

I think they are buddies. No Brooks, Clark or Speith. Or Fitzpatrick- interesting.
Yeah, they're besties. Those 2, Spieth/Thomas and Schauffele/Cantlay are the 3 natural pairings. The 2 surprises to me are Rose and Koepka. Rose has a great alternate shot record and can pair with anyone because he's such a nice guy. I had figured he'd play the 2 mornings and Sunday. And if you put Koepka on the team, you may as well use him because he's the most talented guy on the team, and his ball striking and length would be useful in alternate shot. Also surprised at the Lowry/Straka pairing - figured those guys would wait till the afternoon. Not surprised by Fitz not playing. He had an awful RC 2 years ago, so ease him in with a good partner in 4balls. The pairing that scares me is Hovland/Aberg. They're the hottest golfers on the planet, and it wouldn't surprise me if they go 5-0 or 4-1. The other 2 guys I can see playing all 5 matches are Rory and Fairway Jesus if they get hot.

Ha, what a stat. Cantlay and Xander strokes gained average are identical to the thousandths -1.869

If the USA can split the first round that'd be a big accomplishment. Burns is a very rough first pick out, worst stats on the team almost across the board and he goes out in foursomes? Woof. Don't see Hovland losing. Rory/Fleetwood are a great pairing. Only match I think we have an edge in is Fowler/Morikawa...

So Luke Donald elected to start with Foursomes vs. Four Balls, correct?

Also didn't realize that Tommy Fleetwood married his mum

images.jpeg

good for him. always creeps me out when their is the age difference the other direction.
wish Brooks were playing tomorrow morning

And Rory stiffs it on 17 to close the door. Our 4somes record on foreign soil is not great.

Need signs of life in the afternoon matches or this is done.
Burns even being on the team is bad. Playing him - worse. And damn if I wouldn't play Koepka every single session. Guy is a stud.

Last edited:
Good Lord the first session was a blood bath I guess!!!! Of course the ladies won the first session of the Solheim Cup last week 4-0 and proceeded to kiss their sisters the rest of the way and tie for Europe to retain the cup.

Back