• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Probably a tall task, but if we could somehow get the other three then it changes everything.

Probably a tall task, but if we could somehow get the other three then it changes everything.
Well as I alluded to before, the US ladies won the first session 4-0 last week. Lost the second 3-1 and the Euros ended up retaining the Solheim Cup in a tie, so it’s possible.

Speith cost them a half point. He needs to sit. He’s hitting it sideways.

Those Hovland and Rahm putts just absolute daggers. Viktor's was half a roll from stopping short and Rahms would have gone like 10 feet passed and almost hopped the lip he hit it so hard.

Those Hovland and Rahm putts just absolute daggers. Viktor's was half a roll from stopping short and Rahms would have gone like 10 feet passed and almost hopped the lip he hit it so hard.
Between Rahm’s putt and his chip in on 16 I don’t really know what else Scottie/Brooks could do. Sometimes it just doesn’t go your way.

Meanwhile, halving the JT/Spieth match was inexcusable

Between Rahm’s putt and his chip in on 16 I don’t really know what else Scottie/Brooks could do. Sometimes it just doesn’t go your way.

Meanwhile, halving the JT/Spieth match was inexcusable
But we've been told this pairing is as locked as a lock gets even if one of them has spent the past year playing like shit.

Also acknowledging Spieth was the problem today. He shouldn't see the course again until Sunday.

I love Spieth, but putting him with a guy in bad form is just too risky. Thomas was a garbage pick if the only reason was to play with Spieth.

JT held off team Hovland by himself and he's still getting shit? He was like one of only 3 Americans who played worth a damn today. And he didn't lose despite Spieth not being in play on virtually the entire back 9.

Putting Burns out in match one was just asking for a day like this. Just like Wyndham Clark's commentary - typical American overconfidence and meltdowns to finish. After all that smack-talk Wyndham going into total choke mode to blow that match was poetic if you're a Euro fan.

Shout out to Scottie/Koepka too - Rahm does that and only ties his match... Absurd. Afternoon matches were electric, just horrid finishes.

Burns and Spieth are both certainly not coming out tomorrow morning. If the morning goes well for the Americans that do play, I’d imagine they both sit for the afternoon as well.

I’m curious if JT gets paired with someone other than Spieth so he can play in the morning, he genuinely played fine besides the missed putts on 16/17

Burns and Spieth are both certainly not coming out tomorrow morning. If the morning goes well for the Americans that do play, I’d imagine they both sit for the afternoon as well.

I’m curious if JT gets paired with someone other than Spieth so he can play in the morning, he genuinely played fine besides the missed putts on 16/17
I think he has to. JT did his part, but there's no way I'd be comfortable trotting out Spieth or Burns for the morning rounds tomorrow.

Back