• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Scheier out?

DeaconDash

Reaction score
According to FootballScoop.com :

Wake Forest: Sources tell FootballScoop Wake Forest special teams coordinator / tight ends coach Adam Scheier will not return. Scheier had served as Dave Clawson’s special teams / tight ends since the 2009 season at Bowling Green.

This one...is kinda baffling to me. Freshman All-American punter. First team All-ACC kicker. Dude looooooved Wake if his social media was to be believed.

I guess the return teams weren't great, but they weren't terrible.

If Elko brings defensive assistant Clark Lea with him to ND (has this been confirmed?), WF would have 3 assistant openings this offseason. Chance to bring in fresh ideas. Very interested to see who Clawson brings in.

Our kick coverage was not good and we were not special on returns. But I would have let the OC go first.

If Elko brings defensive assistant Clark Lea with him to ND (has this been confirmed?), WF would have 3 assistant openings this offseason. Chance to bring in fresh ideas. Very interested to see who Clawson brings in.

I would rather he take Lea and then we can just promote Cohen to DC.

The overarching point about firing Scheier (if it was for actual on-field stuff) is that the offense is well-ahead of problems than anything on the special teams outside probably the long-snapping debacle.

It really wouldn't surprise me at all if he was stepping away to spend more time with his family. Maybe he's taking the available radio job?

Do people really think a special teams coach actually has any effect on the game?

Do people really think a special teams coach actually has any effect on the game?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes?

Did Wilson's snapping cost us points throughout the season? Who recruited him/offered him a scholarship?

Who sets the schemes for returns?

Who plans the punt? Rugby vs. Traditional?

Come on man.

The overarching point about firing Scheier (if it was for actual on-field stuff) is that the offense is well-ahead of problems than anything on the special teams outside probably the long-snapping debacle.

Offense has built in excuse for their lack of production though.

The other thing this move does for us is opens the possibility of shifting around salaries for assistants. If we don't replace Scheier as a "coordinator", we can throw some more cash at a DC candidate and add two more assistant coaches.

This one...is kinda baffling to me. Freshman All-American punter. First team All-ACC kicker. Dude looooooved Wake if his social media was to be believed.

I guess the return teams weren't great, but they weren't terrible.

Yeah man I'm sure there are many factors we'll never know, but I truly love coaches who go all-in on our program. Scheier was drinking the Demon Deacon kool-aid from day 1 and I think he helped our recruiting efforts a lot because of it. Best of luck in the future, Coach!

Kickoff/punting is not full of like highly complex concepts that require deep thought. Yeah, I don't think the new coach will really change much.

The snapper messed up. That's on the snapper.

Back