• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS to rule on marriage equality

Lying about meeting the pope is a pretty big lie.

Sorry. I was saying that I doubt she lied because that would be a huge lie.

I think some liberals are in denial that the Pope is a Catholic who is against gay marriage regardless of his stance of economic issues.

I think her attorneys are lying about it just like they were about the Peru rally in support of her.

I don't really care what the pope thinks about the American system of governing.

What if he told her to put her big girl pants and do her fucking job?

The statement he made about conscientious objectors seems to suggest he didn't.

Damn there are far better conservative causes to take up than Kim Davis refusing to do a job she was elected and paid to do.

Frankie messed up by meeting with her. Not too much upside to meeting with someone who was denying marriage licenses to Catholic couples. Wrong side of religious freedom there.

the vatican confirmed the meeting

pope frank dropped a few notches in my book

Yup. What she did was not a conscientious objection, that would have been resigning her job in protest. I would think the Pope would understand the difference and would not seem to put his weight behind her obstruction of what was found to be a lawful government function she was sworn to carry out.

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for your conscientious objection. She just didn't want to give up the $80k.

I don't give a shit what the Pope did in regard to Kim Davis. Nobody is perfect, and we sure as shit won't find a more progressive Pope anytime soon. This one foul up is whatever. If the far right want to embrace this meeting with Cunt Davis, then that makes them have to give some legitimacy to the rest of Pope Francis' points. And I'm not too worried about what some protestants from Kentucky are thinking in regards to the Catholic doctrine anyway.

Pope's meeting with Kim Davis not an endorsement, Vatican says

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/02/us/kim-davis-pope/index.html

(CNN)The Vatican has clarified the details of the Pope's meeting with Kim Davis, the Kentucky clerk who spent six days in jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Vatican deputy spokesman Father Thomas Rosica said the audience, which included several dozen other people, didn't amount to an endorsement.

"The Pope did not enter into the details of the situation of Mrs. Davis, and his meeting with her should not be considered a form of support of her position in all of its particular and complex aspects," Rosica said.

Well I was wrong about them not meeting but not wrong about her attorneys being a bunch of liars.

Back