• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Scout's Relationship with the Athletic Dept.

also I do find it funny that they are threatened by this board.

I thought the initiation thread was just for GoDeacs07GM, but I could be wrong.

JackBurden needs to enlighten us.

This makes me think of something else I came across recently. I listen to a pretty popular podcast that talks about product X. After a while, one of the hosts of the podcast gets hired by company that makes product X.

Since he now works for that company, he steps down from host of the podcast due to conflict of interest. There can no longer be objectivity in a situation like this when someone in a controlling position of a site gets hired by the organization the site is designed to talk about and, at times, be critical of.

I understand the need for inside recruiting info, but it has always seemed odd to me that an AD employee would maintain moderator status at a non-Wake subsidiary website that is essentially made FOR speculation about the Wake Athletic Department.

Not at all. Enlighten me.

At the time that ILT and GoDeacs became moderators, someone started a thread asking about some sort of ritualistic event that was going on at Scales on campus. Naz, ILT, and GoDeacs were reportedly there, and a few of the other moderators. There was much speculation from some posters that it was some sort of inauguration for the new mods. It was initially brushed off and people not to worry about it, and then as they kept pressing further the thread was deleted.

I can assure everyone that the Athletic Department will in no way influence what we do and/or say here.

I'd be happy to work with them, but they aren't going to tell us what to do. That isn't how a message board should be run.

At the time that ILT and GoDeacs became moderators, someone started a thread asking about some sort of ritualistic event that was going on at Scales on campus. Naz, ILT, and GoDeacs were reportedly there, and a few of the other moderators. There was much speculation from some posters that it was some sort of inauguration for the new mods. It was initially brushed off and people not to worry about it, and then as they kept pressing further the thread was deleted.

If they harmed one hair on my e-gurl iLT there will be hell to pay!

I can assure everyone that the Athletic Department will in no way influence what we do and/or say here.

I'd be happy to work with them, but they aren't going to tell us what to do. That isn't how a message board should be run.

lolz at the idea of the AD hiring dv7.

It'd be a good PR move, though. Show us fringers that they're not all stooges.

I do remember that now. I thought it was a: a joke and b: having to do with the XIII flag that shows up on Homecoming.

If they harmed one hair on my e-gurl iLT there will be hell to pay!

If you know her so well, ask her what happened.

:wtf: That is so strange.

I don't think he knows her. It's just a reference to a really funny set of posts. I still haven't gotten a suitable answer to my original question. Is ILoveTaron hot?

lolz at the idea of the AD hiring dv7.

It'd be a good PR move, though. Show us fringers that they're not all stooges.

Love my job. Enjoy being in the family business. I'd leave to be in the Ath Dept.

I'll be their PR guy! "Buzz sucks, but it is what it is. Next question!"

Love my job. Enjoy being in the family business. I'd leave to be in the Ath Dept.

I'll be their PR guy! "Buzz sucks, but it is what it is. Next question!"

April 1 is coming up! Get on this Shutt!

Yeah, I vaguely remember that. I thought it was a joke as well but if they deleted it I guess someone didn't find it all that funny. :sketch:

The whole NGA thing is strange to me as well. I know who he is and I think he was posting at a decent clip before he was hired by the AD.

The whole NGA thing is strange to me as well. I know who he is and I think he was posting at a decent clip before he was hired by the AD.

He was posting at a very decent clip. I find it funny that he is an AD lacky now.

I don't think he knows her. It's just a reference to a really funny set of posts. I still haven't gotten a suitable answer to my original question. Is ILoveTaron hot?

I'm Fbook friends w/her. To answer your question, "yes." Don't tell my wife.

I'll message her to try and get the scoop on the hazing, and see if she wants to join up over here.

I'm Fbook friends w/her. To answer your question, "yes." Don't tell my wife.

I'll message her to try and get the scoop on the hazing, and see if she wants to join up over here.

If she wants to conceal her identity, she could post as ILoveOKelly since it's St. Patrick's day and all.

Back