• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Scout's Relationship with the Athletic Dept.

I interned with Sports Marketing back in the day and revealed some information regarding game day activities that I didn't know was confidential. The post was erased within 5 minutes and I received a call from the office telling me that sort of info shouldn't be revealed.

That is my contribution to this thread.

Come on, brah!

NOT-MAN-U-manchester-united-16016350-540-720.jpg

FWIW, I do think excessive negativity on a school's flagship message board can indeed have an impact on recruiting. Not as much as the rjkarls of the world claim. As long as a board like this remains quasi-underground, I think it's a good source for the BzzOut/Fire Lobo-type threads.

FWIW, I do think excessive negativity on a school's flagship message board can indeed have an impact on recruiting. Not as much as the rjkarls of the world claim. As long as a board like this remains quasi-underground, I think it's a good source for the BzzOut/Fire Lobo-type threads.

I think you'll find that there won't be nearly as many of these types of threads as you think.

This isn't a BuzzOUT! board.

I think the general awfulness on the court hurts recruiting far more than anything anybody types in a forum. Shit performances will lead to discontent among the fan base. Their voices shouldn't be muted just because the Ath Dept doesn't like said discontent.

I'm not saying this board will be a bunch of negative threads. I'm saying the Scout board became more or less was a bitch show and I could see why an athletic department would want it to tone down.

Wait, what?

They did a test run for a fly over and some posters who saw the planes were wondering what was happening (with guesses of a flyover). I confirmed the news, which was immediately erased, and then I received said call.

They did a test run for a fly over and some posters who saw the planes were wondering what was happening (with guesses of a flyover). I confirmed the news, which was immediately erased, and then I received said call.

Yikes, that is some hardcore censorship.

Back