• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Scout's Relationship with the Athletic Dept.

To be fair, I could see potential reasons for not confirming where some jet fighters are going to be to the public ahead of time.

Eh, its not like its an entire squadron or something like that, its only 2 or 3 fighters. WFU has actually started announcing ahead of time flyovers since then. I wonder if that occurrence had something to do with it?

I'm not saying this board will be a bunch of negative threads. I'm saying the Scout board became more or less was a bitch show and I could see why an athletic department would want it to tone down.

They can tone it down by not putting a poor product on the court/field. Expecting fans not to complain about bad teams representing Wake Forest is unrealistic.

They can tone it down by not putting a poor product on the court/field. Expecting fans not to complain about bad teams representing Wake Forest is unrealistic.

Exactly. The fans aren't just complaining for no reason.

I'm not really debating whether releasing the information was right/wrong. Just explaining that there have been plants on the scout boards for years and they definitely had it in with mods who were called to delete the post ASAP.

I wonder if there would ever be a situation where we would be asked to take a thread down here.

I wonder what creative ways we could figure out to tell them no.

I wonder if there would ever be a situation where we would be asked to take a thread down here.

I wonder what creative ways we could figure out to tell them no.

Go fuck yourselves, San Diego.

I'm glad this board came along. I got some nasty messages telling me how out of bounds I was by suggesting that, in the internet age, you can't expect to control information and fan sentiment by alienating posters and deleting posts, and that recruits need to be educated in how to handle what is said in the media/on the web. I feel like this board proves my point.

I'm glad this board came along. I got some nasty messages telling me how out of bounds I was by suggesting that, in the internet age, you can't expect to control information and fan sentiment by alienating posters and deleting posts, and that recruits need to be educated in how to handle what is said in the media/on the web. I feel like this board proves my point.

You'd really get nasty messages from people? What would they say? I'd like some details

what was it that caused bloggersodear to fall out of favor with the AD?

drunk numbers? :D

And so begins the PMs and backroom dealings of ogboards

Yeah, I thought this board was going to avoid stuff like that. Oh well...

PM me, please.

Hey morans

It takes 20 seconds to create an alias

Do that and post the goods

Back