• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long PGA tour thread--the presidents cup from south korea

Happy for Lowry. Definitely was rooting for him over Bubba.

Just watched the playoff in the Barracuda a few minutes ago on the replay. Looked like Riefers thought he had hit the putt - just didn't have enough for that line. I really don't know much about Kyle, other than he went to Wake and he's been on some leaderboards this year. Some of y'all must know him. What is he like and what's his game like?

I don't know him either, but he secured his tour card for next year with that playoff loss and will make it into the first round of the FedEx tourneys, which is huge if he can make the cut. With any luck not having the pressure of trying to insure he is in the top 125 for next year will let him play with a little more freedom. The kid made three eagles in the final six holes yesterday, though, so he seems to be on a roll. That was some clutch playing right there.

My sense is that if he can get the putter going he could be very good. That is true of most of the guys on tour, though, so isn't much of an insight.

One question I don't know the answer to: If he had won yesterday, would that have qualified him for the PGA?

I don't know him either, but he secured his tour card for next year with that playoff loss and will make it into the first round of the FedEx tourneys, which is huge if he can make the cut. With any luck not having the pressure of trying to insure he is in the top 125 for next year will let him play with a little more freedom. The kid made three eagles in the final six holes yesterday, though, so he seems to be on a roll. That was some clutch playing right there.

My sense is that if he can get the putter going he could be very good. That is true of most of the guys on tour, though, so isn't much of an insight.

One question I don't know the answer to: If he had won yesterday, would that have qualified him for the PGA?

Yeah it would have... JJ is now in the field for winning and he was farther down the pecking order

Nice to see the Deacon head cover on his driver when he teed off in the playoff.
I'm assuming he'll be in the field for the Wyndham; looking forward to following him a bit.

Happy for Lowry. Definitely was rooting for him over Bubba.

Just watched the playoff in the Barracuda a few minutes ago on the replay. Looked like Riefers thought he had hit the putt - just didn't have enough for that line. I really don't know much about Kyle, other than he went to Wake and he's been on some leaderboards this year. Some of y'all must know him. What is he like and what's his game like?

Talented ball striker, putting has always been the hang up with him. Gritty as hell, evidenced by yesterday. Tends to play his best with his back against the wall, which is why he tends to play well late in the year when fighting for his card. I do think having 2 straight years on Tour will be a huge benefit to him.

Gritty as hell, evidenced by yesterday. Tends to play his best with his back against the wall, which is why he tends to play well late in the year when fighting for his card. I do think having 2 straight years on Tour will be a huge benefit to him.

Fun watching him in the playoff yesterday. Never seen any emotion from him the limited times he has been on TV. That putt to send it to a 2nd playoff hole was huge, as was the shot in to 18 during the 2nd playoff hole. No shame in losing a playoff where you go birdie-birdie. Huge balls to shoot a 63 (back nine 29) while on the FedEx Cup bubble with 2 weeks to go.

He was at #119 before making the eagle putt on 13 yesterday. He jumped from T17 to solo 1st in 2 holes. He has to love the Stableford scoring system.

I didn't see the beginning of the coverage yesterday. Did they show his eagles on 13 & 14? They aren't in any highlight packages I have seen.

Fun watching him in the playoff yesterday. Never seen any emotion from him the limited times he has been on TV. That putt to send it to a 2nd playoff hole was huge, as was the shot in to 18 during the 2nd playoff hole. No shame in losing a playoff where you go birdie-birdie. Huge balls to shoot a 63 (back nine 29) while on the FedEx Cup bubble with 2 weeks to go.

He was at #119 before making the eagle putt on 13 yesterday. He jumped from T17 to solo 1st in 2 holes. He has to love the Stableford scoring system.

I didn't see the beginning of the coverage yesterday. Did they show his eagles on 13 & 14? They aren't in any highlight packages I have seen.

He went from projected #119 in Fed Ex points to #84 with the second place finish. May have still been projected #119 when making the turn.

I probably just haven't been paying attention, but I'm not sure I've seen this mentioned.

Anyway, I noticed that if an American golfer wins the PGA it will be the first time since 1982 that Americans will have won all 4 majors in one year. Since then Americans have won 3 out of 4 15 times but that's it. Might be nice to have all 4 Majors back in the USA for once.

Also noticed that they have John Daly and Monty playing the same group. Must be the highest combined body fat percentage of any group in history.

I probably just haven't been paying attention, but I'm not sure I've seen this mentioned.

Anyway, I noticed that if an American golfer wins the PGA it will be the first time since 1982 that Americans will have won all 4 majors in one year. Since then Americans have won 3 out of 4 15 times but that's it. Might be nice to have all 4 Majors back in the USA for once.

Also noticed that they have John Daly and Monty playing the same group. Must be the highest combined body fat percentage of any group in history.

Put both Stadlers with Daly and Monty, and you would have it.

1982, really? So who were the 4 Americans? I'd guess some combo of Watson, maybe Rogers if that was the year he won the Open, Floyd, Zoeller, Irwin or North for the US Open.

Stadler, Watson, Watson, Floyd.
Put both Stadlers with Daly and Monty, and you would have it.

1982, really? So who were the 4 Americans? I'd guess some combo of Watson, maybe Rogers if that was the year he won the Open, Floyd, Zoeller, Irwin or North for the US Open.

Impressed with Webb's round, not Haas though. The conditions for scoring were there this morning. The afternoon looked pretty brutal.

Back