• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long PGA tour thread--the presidents cup from south korea

Lol at Josh Scobee challenging Tiger Woods to $100k/hole while giving him 2 strokes a side.

Yikes.

my goodness it is painful watching these amatuers play. show the real professionals golf channel

Went to check the scores on ESPN and guess who I see? Hint, he is not in the field.

Went to check the scores on ESPN and guess who I see? Hint, he is not in the field.

When the leaderboard looks like this fucking snoozefest, can you blame them?

787573acc5ca0a41b032e36a8d5044ad.jpg

The only thing more tired than Tiger discussion is people bitching about how there's too much Tiger discussion.

When the leaderboard looks like this fucking snoozefest, can you blame them?

11 players within 1 shot of the lead=snoozefest? There's been some pretty awesome golf the last 3 days in one of the greatest courses on the planet.

Happy to see Sneds get a win a week after Day won. Both guys are too young to be having all the injuries they've had and are 2 of the top players when healthy. And Sneds was in danger of not getting to Augusta. Always has seemed to be a good guy too. The list of winners to start the year are Reed, Walker, Haas, Koepka, Day and Sneds. Pretty strong list. Too bad, though, that Furyk had another bad Sunday. He's collected too many of those in recent years.

@EMichaelGW: Brandt Snedeker is going to win $1m+ with a driver and putter with a COMBINED trade-in value of $34 according to @PGA_com Value Guide.

Kyle Reifers had a -3 today to finish the tournament -13 and tied for 21st place. Also won $64k.
One of his best outings in a while. He has a good start to the 2015 season. Would be nice if he could do this consistently.

Davis Love III announced as 2016 Ryder Cup captain...again. Boring.

Will Zalatoris won the Northern Trust Collegiate Showcase today and earned an exemption into the Northern Trust Open this week

Davis Love III announced as 2016 Ryder Cup captain...again. Boring.

Will Zalatoris won the Northern Trust Collegiate Showcase today and earned an exemption into the Northern Trust Open this week

Paul Azinger has got to be super pissed. If we are going to give a captain a 2nd chance why not the one that actually won?

Also, how is Ted Bishop still in the loop to be leaking this?

Paul Azinger has got to be super pissed. If we are going to give a captain a 2nd chance why not the one that actually won?

Also, how is Ted Bishop still in the loop to be leaking this?

I really don't understand why we have to have a former major champion (preferably PGA Champion) as a captain. On what grounds does that demonstrate leadership, organization and inspiration? Further, I don't even think we have to have a former player as a captain. If the PGA of America really wanted to be creative they would find someone with exceptional leadership skills and executive experience.

Bringing back DL3 is like the NFL teams that keep hiring Norv Turner, Wade Phillips, Dave Wannstedt etc etc.

Will Zalatoris got medalist honors. He'll be in the PGA tour field next week

Have to figure it was going to be someone on the Ryder Cup task force. Floyd, Love, Stricker, or Lehman... I think the whole point of the task force is to put together a continuous strategy regardless of who the captain is.

It's not like the Euro team is just picking genius captains. They have a system and the players are in synch with the leadership.

Have to figure it was going to be someone on the Ryder Cup task force. Floyd, Love, Stricker, or Lehman... I think the whole point of the task force is to put together a continuous strategy regardless of who the captain is.

It's not like the Euro team is just picking genius captains. They have a system and the players are in synch with the leadership.

This is where I am. It's less about the particular pick and more about continuity from Cup to Cup, grooming future captains and consistent strategies. As long as we're getting away from the PGA not listening to the players' input and just picking names out of thin air. Having Tiger and Phil not qualify might also help.

In some weird way I'm enjoying the Euros kicking our asses Cup after Cup. The global golf game is so much more than it's ever been before. Plus, IMHO it's hard to hate guys like McIlroy, McDowell, Stenson, and Justin Rose. There are some bad apples on the Euro side but a lot of great golfers that seem like good guys. Easy to root for.

In some weird way I'm enjoying the Euros kicking our asses Cup after Cup. The global golf game is so much more than it's ever been before. Plus, IMHO it's hard to hate guys like McIlroy, McDowell, Stenson, and Justin Rose. There are some bad apples on the Euro side but a lot of great golfers that seem like good guys. Easy to root for.

Commie

Back