• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long PGA tour thread--the presidents cup from south korea

eric -

I was a first-timer as well 2 years ago and brought my 2 sons. A couple tips....

1) Parking is free and there's plenty of it directly adjacent to the course.

2) Upon arrival (8 a.m.), go directly to the huge merchandise building and buy all your Masters goodies. You can store your bag(s) next door for free and pick them up when your leaving later.

3) We went Monday & Tuesday for the practice rounds. Cameras & cell phones allowed these days only. If your going multiple days, walk/see the entire course on day 1. Do it in reverse order to avoid crowds.

4) Day 2 devote to stationary viewing at the gorgeous practice range, Amen Corner, the 13th fairway tree-line, the grandstands flanking 15 green, the 18th tee and 18 green.

5) Food. Everything you've heard about the home-made pimento(sp), egg salad sandwiches and lemonade is true. ALL the food is ridiculously inexpensive and ridiculously good.

6) Definitely go over to Magnolia Lane and get your picture taken in the garden/circle in front of the clubhouse....IT'S FREE !

Ask me any questions you like !

Anyone know if you can park an RV in the Masters parking lot. Not trying to leave it there overnight, but we were hoping not to have to take/tow another car and just be able to head to the course in the RV.

It's supposed to rain a few times between now and Saturday. McIlroy has got to love that.

Bubba on the other hand... #prayfortedscott

It's supposed to rain a few times between now and Saturday. McIlroy has got to love that.

Bubba on the other hand... #prayfortedscott

Zach too. If no one can reach the par 5s because it's too soft, he's the best in the game with a wedge in his hands. Trouble with him is he recently switched putters and looked bad on the greens the last time I saw him.

Zach too. If no one can reach the par 5s because it's too soft, he's the best in the game with a wedge in his hands. Trouble with him is he recently switched putters and looked bad on the greens the last time I saw him.

I like that pick though.

I expect big things from Jason Day this week.

Anyone know if you can park an RV in the Masters parking lot. Not trying to leave it there overnight, but we were hoping not to have to take/tow another car and just be able to head to the course in the RV.

I think you just drive it up Magnolia Lane. They are good with that.

Just saw a tweet from DonaldRoss that Greensboro mid-Am Scott Harvey eagled both 13 and 15 in his practice round today. Amazing!

Rough TV watching this morning while eating breakfast and working out. Usually switch back and forth between Sportscenter, Mike & Mike, TGC and NFLN. Couldn't bring myself to watch any ESPN network because of Dick's natty. So mostly TGC this a.m. And most of it was spent psychoanalyzing Tiger. Rory should be thrilled he's somewhat slipping under the media radar.

Apparently Tiger hit his tee shot so far left on one yesterday that he was almost in the 9th fairway. He then proceeded to fly it over the trees to four feet and tap in for birdie. So that's interesting.

In other news I'm splitting a $$$ team with the Doofus and it's got 30 people or so in it. Rules are interesting...24 week season (Masters is the first week) and you get three golfers a week. You can only choose each golfer twice all year with the exception that you get six "mulligans" where you can take six guys three total times. Trying to figure out a plan for the season. Thinking about taking Bubba for sure this week just based on the way the course sets up for him (and not to mention I have no idea where else we'd take him multiple times this year). Any other thoughts for this week?

Scoring is how much money each player wins so if your guy misses the cut he gets you zero.

Numbers, 1 thing you should consider when picking is how often Euros, Aussis and South Africans play over here. Most of them don't play a full PGA slate, and guys like Rory and Day don't play that often period. But you'll see them all this week and the Players. Another thing to consider is horses for courses - which layouts favor which golfers. And the other thing I'd think of is recent form. You're certainly right about Bubba at Augusta. I'd recommend Day this week too - he's played well here before, has played well this year when he's played, and you won't see him in a ton of PGA fields. Might be a good time to go with Sergio, Zach (if it rains) or Oosthuizen. Cabrera too, but he's feast or famine - could win it or miss the cut by 8 strokes.

Yep all good points. That's the type of stuff we were just discussing. Both are inclined to take a flier on Cabrera but with only three guys missing the cut is brutal.

Billy Payne's presser had a couple interesting bits:

1) The whole parking lot is going to be enclosed within the perimeter of Augusta National, meaning patrons will enter the parking lot and be able to proceed to the gate without any interference from cars/neighborhood traffic. Reading between the lines, this is going to be a major blow to the scalping market since they will almost certainly prohibit the sale or transfer of badges within the perimeter.

2) There is zero chance the ladies ever get their own tournament at Augusta National.

where is the official masters thread? i dont think i post enought on here to start one myself

Billy Payne's presser had a couple interesting bits:

1) The whole parking lot is going to be enclosed within the perimeter of Augusta National, meaning patrons will enter the parking lot and be able to proceed to the gate without any interference from cars/neighborhood traffic. Reading between the lines, this is going to be a major blow to the scalping market since they will almost certainly prohibit the sale or transfer of badges within the perimeter.

2) There is zero chance the ladies ever get their own tournament at Augusta National.

There was a sign near Gate 9 mentioning that it was prohibited within 2700 feet of the entrances.

Time to get this thread back to page 1. Furyk with a great round today, including birdies on both playoff holes, to win at Hilton Head. Happy for him. Don't think he has any majors left in him, especially given how short he is off the tee, but nice to see him back in the winner's circle.

That UGA kid was darned impressive today. I wasn't familiar with him but he looked real solid on the back 9.

Was nice to see a tournament with some clutch play from both players instead of one guy getting hot and a bunch of others wilting in the spotlight. That was an amazing finish - thought Furyk was going to let another one slip away.

Was nice to see a tournament with some clutch play from both players instead of one guy getting hot and a bunch of others wilting in the spotlight. That was an amazing finish - thought Furyk was going to let another one slip away.

Except this time it wouldn't have been that he let it slip away. Furyk and Kisner played really really damn good golf yesterday.

Harbour Town tends to be a polarizing course, but I love that place. They've got a fantastic set of par 3's.

Eh, Furyk himself said he celebrated a little too much on 15 and played it a little safe coming home because he thought he was clear of the field at that point. Definitely took his foot off the gas and almost lost because of it, and Kisner only had to birdie one of the last 3 holes to catch him. His approaches on 18 were from almost the exact same spot in regulation and in the playoff - 4 yards different - and in the playoff we went after the pin whereas he played it safe in reg. He's done that before and lost, but going birdie-birdie in the playoff was great stuff.

Honestly as soon as he made that reaction on 15 I knew he was in trouble. Even the announcers commented on it.

Back