• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Senior Day: 21 players honored inc. Tom,Roberson,CBS,Sciba

by my count that’s 15 scholarship guys on there, plus dicks who just left the team makes 16, so still work to do (probably transfers, maybe a few gray shirts) to get under the scholarship limit for next year, I believe.

I'm not. They love to play football and if they know that they aren't going to play at the next level, I'm sure that they want to take advantage of their last chance to play at the highest level.

I would have done a free victory lap at wake in a second.

by my count that’s 15 scholarship guys on there, plus dicks who just left the team makes 16, so still work to do (probably transfers, maybe a few gray shirts) to get under the scholarship limit for next year, I believe.

I thought this was pretty harsh on my first reading.

Think that some may be assuming too much if a player is being honored tomorrow. As others pointed out, WF honored a couple of players last year on senior day that returned. However, if you don't honor a player and he does decide to either move on with his life or try to make the NFL, the opportunity to honor that player on senior day is lost. Sciba and CBS may decide to leave or may return, why not honor them just in case they elect to go?

hot take, but i think the ideal scenario would be CBS returning but attempting a switch to safety / rover for next season. obviously easier said than done, but chuck wade did it and we could certainly use the help.

I'm here for this. Said somewhere that he might be our best tackler.

Senior Night before a Top 25 matchup at 7:30 is a helluva lot better than 12:00 against some bottom dweller.

Senior Night before a Top 25 matchup at 7:30 is a helluva lot better than 12:00 against some bottom dweller.

Which is why UNC as a preseason top 10/possible playoff team scheduling Wofford for it's Senior Day is puzzling. Maybe they got such big heads and figured they'd get a conference invite so might as well go ahead and follow the SEC's penultimate scheduling practice.

Which is why UNC as a preseason top 10/possible playoff team scheduling Wofford for it's Senior Day is puzzling. Maybe they got such big heads and figured they'd get a conference invite so might as well go ahead and follow the SEC's penultimate scheduling practice.

Or they knew that they were going to suck and scheduled someone that they knew that they could beat...

Or these schedules are made years in advance...

Yeah. They aren't making a permanent move toward SEC style scheduling. They play FAMU Week 1 next year, Campbell on Nov 4 in 2023, and JMU in 2024 (they'll be in CUSA by then I think).

the SEC skip week or whatever toward the end of the season is hella lame

Yeah. They aren't making a permanent move toward SEC style scheduling. They play FAMU Week 1 next year, Campbell on Nov 4 in 2023, and JMU in 2024 (they'll be in CUSA by then I think).

That JMU game has the potential to be APP State-like by then, but yes, your point is spot-on.

Kind of expected Roberson to go and he should, but am also surprised by Sciba and CBS.

Is it pretty certain that Donovan will be playing again next year?

CBS makes sense to me. His best chance to make the league is as a special teams guy who can also be a 3rd down back. I don't know how likely that is (he is a hell of coverage guy on special teams, which should help), but I don't think his options are any better next year.

I wish him the best.

The XFL is reportedly restarting in the Spring 2022. With 8 teams, that should be about 400 additional professional football playing jobs.

Back