• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serial (podcast)

I haven't read anything on the retrial news other than headlines. But if you listened to Undisclosed they made it seem like if he was granted a new trial that the state would likely not actually go through with it because of the lack of evidence/things uncovered since then.

That's kind of what I wondered. Like how they will probably never retry Michael Peterson because their evidence sucks and they never should have gotten a conviction in the first place (I actually don't think Peterson did it).

S-Town (from the producers of Serial and This American Life)
Coming March 28

John despises his Alabama town and decides to do something about it. He asks a reporter to investigate the son of a wealthy family who's allegedly been bragging that he got away with murder. But then someone else ends up dead, sparking a nasty feud, a hunt for hidden treasure, and an unearthing of the mysteries of one man's life.

Looking forward to starting this, hopefully it'll be as good of a mystery as season 1. The premise sounds like it should be good, never did finish season 2, couldn't get into it.

FYI this isn't Serial - it has producers from that show & This American Life, though.

If you like Serial, then you'll probably like the Amanda Knox doc on Netflix, too.

So...listen to one per week??? Am I missing something?
You miss out on the social conversations between each episode. Miss out on everyone being at the same page and spending the week talking about the episode or what they might think will happen next.

For some shows, the binge method works. But mysteries and suspense shows/podcasts seem best positioned to the week by week delivery.

I listened to the first episode during my commute. The main character is batshit crazy. The maze they are talking about is pretty easy to find using google maps and It does look pretty cool.

Back