• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serious Question: Why not Rusty LaRue as our next coach?

He wasn't a great HS coach, doesn't have HC experience in college and has little personality. He's much more suited to be trained to be Athletic Director than head bball coach.

This.

Terrific student at Wake, multi-sport star. But he's got little personality. It's not like you hear our current players raving re. the inspiration provided by Coach LaRue.

I am not saying we should hire Rusty. But the concept that hiring an assistant for the wake head job would 'never' be the right play is just wrong IMO.

Yeah, it says something if Rusty and Randolph end up working in the AD next year (as Braces predicts). You would think our assistant coaches would be passionate enough to want to stay in coaching and marketable enough to be able to find something with another team.

LOL @ Braces. I don't know about Chill, but Rusty won't work in the AD if offered.

Why would we hire Rusty? Don't get me wrong, I like him, but he has no college coaching experience. Don't we want to be relevant in basketball again?

Why would we hire Rusty? Don't get me wrong, I like him, but he has no college coaching experience. Don't we want to be relevant in basketball again?

because he's nice. he has a nice family. has a nice haircut. all the important things. culture, baby!

plus he married Tammy when they were still in college. that's the wake forest way. he wasn't all running around fornicating like a lot of these young people do nowadays.

Its time for a clean slate. Bring in a big name hire and let him have full control/choice over his coaching staff. Plain and Simple. We have to remove this heir of [Redacted] entirely. Sorry Chill, Rusty, and Battle but the taint is much worse than anyone could have imagined. We need a clean slate.

I think Frank Johnson would have been a great hire after Skip passed. He loves Wake,he hates unc and had a lot of coaching experience in the nba. Too old now.

Back