• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serious truth about [Redacted]

Wonder what Buzz was thinking here.

1604881_10203091879687482_1730500168_n.jpg

"what an idiot. Even I know I shouldn't still have a job."

On a board that hosts at least one truly awful post per day, this one is a contender for Awful Post Of The Year. Bad on so many levels, and completely disproven by the recent hiring of Clawson-- a hire made by the despised Wellman and greeted with near universal support by the fanbase. Buzz was a shitty hire that nobody particularly liked, but almost everybody (including myself) was willing to give him a chance. The bloom quickly came off the rose when he coached the worst team in ACC history. He "never had a chance" because he didn't perform, plain and simple. His shitty performance had nothing to do with some ads that somebody ran at the end of his THIRD season of failure.

Buzz never had a chance because he sucks. I think the next hire can look across the valley. The vitriol is unnecessary. It is all about the weight of a disappearing gate. Even as the team improves the crowds suck. The monied elite will pull the plug

The only reason that the plug will be pulled is that the combination of Jeff [Redacted] and his legions of fans have embarrassed the living hell out of Ronald Wellman. The BuzzOut presence and withdrawal of fan support, not to mention the negative national press, has a big effect.

If Wellman orchestrated Grobie's exit, I can't believe he wouldn't leave the door propped open so Bzz can slip out, too. At least Grobe had some big success here. Bzzz? Not so much. All he's done is milk us for millions. MILLIONS!

Grobe was headed downhill fast. Buzz is actually moving the program the right direction. The issue to them will be that even with this the financial situation has not improved and we have a very clear understanding that there is no upside with the program as it now exists.

Bz really had the team prepared to play today....i've had root canals that were more enjoyable than watching Wake today.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Grobe was headed downhill fast. Buzz is actually moving the program the right direction. The issue to them will be that even with this the financial situation has not improved and we have a very clear understanding that there is no upside with the program as it now exists.

Huh? Headed in right direction?

What is the "right direction?" Even assuming we had won today, the middle of a shitty ACC once every 4 years is not what I consider to be the right direction.

What is the "right direction?" Even assuming we had won today, the middle of a shitty ACC once every 4 years is not what I consider to be the right direction.

We have been improving, and competing. It is a process. This was a set back. Buzz is not going to be here next year. It is important now that there be something left of the program for the new coach.

We have been improving, and competing. It is a process. This was a set back. Buzz is not going to be here next year. It is important now that there be something left of the program for the new coach.

You're conflating the individual improvement between freshman and sophomore years and an incredibly soft schedule with improving and competing.

As a basketball team, I'm really convinced that we have not improved one bit. The only times that this team has looked very good has been against inferior basketball teams (OOC, VT, BC, UNC, etc.); most close games (or competitive losses) are more functions of style of play (Syracuse, Kansas, Pitt, come to mind) than they are to any sort of team cohesiveness or competitiveness. Had we gotten Syracuse as they're playing against Duke right now, then we would have lost by 20+ points. Remember when we played Tennessee?

Even beyond that, you and others conveniently forget that our two most consistent performers in the [Redacted]-era are not Jeff [Redacted]'s recruits. For as good as Codi and Devin have been at times this year, Travis and CJ have been essential components of these teams. Codi, Devin, Bill, and Tyler have arguably improved, but the case for Madison, Dre, Tree, Miles, etc. is much less promising. Likewise, when Codi, Devin, and Travis don't play well, we can't put the ball in the basket.

Four years later, I don't think this is improvement. Especially when these were many of the criticisms that were levied (I still believe that many of them are wrong) at Dino.

The team is improving and a shitty mediocre team is better than the debacle two years ago. We are certainly better at getting the ball to the appropriate spots in the half court. Finishing is a different issue. We are getting killed on the boards and are a poor shooting team. Bad combination. But in terms of playing the game and awareness. We are better.

It is important that this thing not completely come off the tracks. We have some pieces for the next coach to build on.

We have improved from the first and second seasons, which were terrible on an historic level.
We are not where this program should be , and there is no evidence that we 'll get there anytime soon and stay there.
The progress is too slow and not dramatic enough. It should not take 4-5 seasons to get from where we were to where we need to be. See Baylor, Iowa, Indiana.

We have improved from the first and second seasons, which were terrible on an historic level.
We are not where this program should be , and there is no evidence that we 'll get there anytime soon and stay there.
The progress is too slow and not dramatic enough. It should not take 4-5 seasons to get from where we were to where we need to be. See Baylor, Iowa, Indiana.

This is obvious. There still remains something with which the new coach can work.

This is obvious. There still remains something with which the new coach can work.

Not so much. Next year when Travis is gone we are not going to be a better team unless; we get a new coach who can get off to quick start and bring in a top recruit for next year.

Last edited:
Back